Huggies Forum

Question about Lock Rss

if you have a hyphenated first name, how often does your name get shortened to just the one name?

DF and i are thinking about Eli-Harvey for our bubba but we arent sure.

My name is hyphenated, but i only got called Amy-Lee when i was naughty lol.
No one calls me by my full name unless theyre my mum. It depends if you ask people to call the baby by its full name or say nothing when people just say 'baby Eli'
I personally don't like Hyphens I think they look tacky.
i wanted to hyphenate my DS names but my mum talked me out of it, i still mostly call him buy both of his names, and mostly type it with a hyphen anyways.

thanks God I will remember that

1 monkey, 1 diva = the love of my life

My DD has a hyphenated name and it certainly doesn't look tacky!!
I think he would most likely be called just Eli after awhile, but if you are persistent with calling him Eli-Harvey I'm sure others will follow suit smile

Righto. I'll be sure to pass that on to my sister. I'm sure she'll love that. As will my parents.

if you have a hyphenated first name, how often does your name get shortened to just the one name?

DF and i are thinking about Eli-Harvey for our bubba but we arent sure.

Eli-Harvey looks n sounds great IMO. I actually really like it.

I have 2 kids (And also 2 nieces) with the hyphen and I must say you'll find yourself calling him just Eli. Except maybe when you're cross with them wink )

Occasionally I call my son's by their full name when they're not in trouble but very rarely.
I'm also almost thinking that with the short to big order in the hyphen it might be hard to get used to saying it in full. But I think the order is irrelevant. I'm just rambling lol

But good pick wink

I think he would most likely be called just Eli after awhile, but if you are persistent with calling him Eli-Harvey I'm sure others will follow suit smile

I agree!
Have u already got a middlename picked??
Eli Harvey or Harvey Eli both sound gr8 without the hyphen!?
If u just cant choose the best name i'd save 1 for your next boy!? wink
Good luck deciding! grin

I have chosen a hyphened middle name for our newest dd2 due in 4 weeks!
She will be called
Eva Harley-Jewel.
The names Harley & Jewel have very special meaning to me & i wanted to use them for our daughter, but my husband wasn't keen on Harley or Jewel for either first names.... Sooooo, i decided to have her first name as Eva & both names (harley & jewel) for her middle names!.
smile

Sign in to follow this topic