Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Ideas for baby shower! Lock Rss

Hi everyone,

I'm holding a baby shower for myself in late may (bubs due in August) and i want it to be a really fun day.

I've gone against tradition and decided i want the ladies' husbands/partners there (so they can keep my hubby company and to help me out)

I've hired a jumping castle to keep the kids entertained (i counted 17 kids!! , I'm Greek so big family) and i just want to have all the relatives and friends there to have a great day of eating, drinking (not me) laughter and fun.

So my question is: has anyone got any ideas of games and things we can do to make it a really unforgettable day? I'd appreciate any suggestions. Cheers smile

First bubba due in August 06

i had my baby shower on the first saturday of march this year. i wish i could've done it a bit later bcoz of the hot weather then. may's a good time, cold but not too cold-wintery.

the baby shower was attended by almost everyone, im not new with big family celebration - im filipino smile . everyone had so much fun. i organized a door prize (just by a 30c-50c raffle ticket from a dollar shop or u can make ur own) so everyone has a chance of taking home a prize (even the oldies or the very young ones). the games are mostly for the ladies but i added some extras for the boys as well -- at least to make them look funny in front of their partners, haha!

had some balloon popping as well ( u place a piece of rolled paper inside each balloon with a chosen name for ur baby or any note u want to put in - to let them know they won a prize), i even ask them to bring along their own baby pictures -- stick them in a cardboard and let guests identify who's who. be creative, it doesn't have to be a unique game -- u can check some pregnancy websites which would give u a rough idea of some games -- then add ur creativity in it. go to google and look for "baby shower games" -- they even have "free" samples and templates for some word games.

good luck

kyrene, quakers hill nsw, mum to Vin & Ella

Sign in to follow this topic