Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Best High Chair Rss

I am looking for recommendations for the best high chair!

I have heard a lot about so many, that I am so confused!!

Thanks ladies tongue
Simple and easy to clean. Those fancy ones that recline with soft padded covers can be a nightmare as food gets in the crevices.

DS - Nov 2008 & DD - Feb 2012

Yip simple ones are best! We have a wooden one which is awesome ... no straps to contend with smile
Mums got a Phil and Ted clip on one at her place and they are perfect to if you have a sturdy table.
best way to buy anything like prams high chairs is to take baby with you and try them all out for ease of use bulkiness i have a peg perio i think thats the name i love it

Simple and easy to clean. Those fancy ones that recline with soft padded covers can be a nightmare as food gets in the crevices.

Fully agree!

We have a padded one and it is such a pain to clean. I end up taking it outside once a week to hose it down and scrub it, but in summer it takes all day to dry and in winter it takes forever.

The constant wiping/scrubbing/etc has ripped up all the padding after what must be almost two years of use (but we're out of the house a lot so it hasn't had really heavy use). If I ever planned to have any more children, I'd end up having to buy another highchair rather than passing this one down. As it is, DD is now just about grown out of it and it is so skanky that I wouldn't even give it away to charity - it's only fit for throwing out.
I totally agree with the above comments. With DS1, the high chair wasn't a fancy one but it did have the plastic (or vinyl ??) padding. It was horrid and annoying to clean! Think of cleaning off weet- bix, porridge or spag bol! I hated the crevices. I look in baby shops and am horrified at how fancy some of these high chairs are. Some of them you wouldn't even want a crumb on them in case they got stained. I don't understand why anyone would want to use them.

Anyway, I'm going to buy an easy to clean Ikea high chair this time around.
Ikea antilop is awesome! And pretty cheap. The childcare brand plastic one from target is very similar.
Sign in to follow this topic