Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Highchairs Rss

Hi I am the mum of a 14 month old boy and I love it. Before buying a conventional highchair have a think about buy a travel one. I just had to buy a travel one for my son as we are visiting family and he has now where to sit and eat. I wish I had of bought this type in the first place. It straps on to the chair and is made of plastic my son loves, as he can sit at the table with everyone else. It comes with a removable tray and the height is adjustable. The brand I purchased is Safety First, though there are other brands out there. The other bonus is it is recommended for use up until the child is 4 or 22kgs.

1 wonderful boy 6 and another on the way

totally agree with you! the other advantage i find is that i can take it to restaurants and she cant climb out, not like most restaurant high chairs. also about 1/3 the price!

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

The other bonus is at least you know it is clean unlike many highchairs I have come across when out and about.

as im due to have my second in a few weeks i will have no hesitation in buying a second one if i need it! Also great for drawing, you cant damage the plastic...

I reccomend it to all my friends who are due to have babies or who are in the processing of buying highchairs for older babies. Good luck with the birth of you baby! Happy Parenting!

To all new mums,
I would still buy a conventional highchair. My 6 month old lived in his right from 3 weeks of age. It's a Peg Perego Prima Pappa and when I saw a friend with one I knew it was the one even before he was born. And it was just as well I didn't buy a wooden one, etc. My son has reflux and when you can't lay him down for ages after his feed, at least you know you can get on with the housework, have a shower, hang up washing, do paperwork at the desk, prepare dinner, eat, etc and he is going to be alright. It tilts back far enough that he could go to sleep in it but was upright enough that it wouldn't affect his reflux. It also has different height adjustments depending on where you are using it, lounge, kitchen table, etc. It also has wheels so you can just wheel it from room to room or rock it backwards and forwards with one foot to help settle them. There are others similar to this. This chair was our saviour and it still folds up small enough to pack in the car with us when we go away for the weekend. Wouldn't have coped without this and we weren't to know he was going to have reflux. The pram and other things just didn't do the trick.
Ange
I am shopping for one of these at the moment and
want one that will fold up flat top put in the boot of the car. Does the safety first do this? I have seen a couple (one this morning actually) that didn't fold up and that will just take up too much space. If anyone can help me with brand names that fold up I would be grateful.

WA

Hi,

Yes, the Safety first one does fold up!!

I still recommend it 2 years on!

Tepe

Hi everyone,
I've just bought one of those Safety 1st portable high chairs, and I find it great. It might not fold up as small as some do, but I liked the design the best, and it seems to be strong and durable too. My sister-in-law has one of those high chairs that attaches to the table (she has a "Love N Care Hook on High Chair) and it folds up smaller than mine and is quicker to set up. I chose the Safety 1st one because I think that the high chairs that attach to the table don't look that safe, and I would always be worried that the chair will fall off the table! Also, my extended family all have small dinner tables and a "attach to the table" chair would not fit, "attaching to the chair" I think is a much better idea.
Just thought I'd throw my two cents in!
Georgina
Sign in to follow this topic