Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Newborns & New Dads
  5. Too stressful for Daddy, OK for Mummy!

Too stressful for Daddy, OK for Mummy! Lock Rss

I love my husband dearly and he has been so great with our beautiful 1 month old baby boy Jack. The only problem I have is how stressed he gets when Jack wont settle. My partner will come home and spend some time with Jack, feeding him etc. This is great but if he then wont settle my husband starts to stress out and just expects me to take him away. Why is it that he thinks I should have to deal with the cranky Jack all the time. It seems he only wants to know him when he's happy. Anyone else having similar problems?

Sara,
I am in the same boat you are!!! When bub cries for 5 minutes with dad he starts to get cranky and I've got to take him, and I just think to myself "Well, what do you think I deal with all day?" I think you're right though, Dad's only want the good bits. I think it comes down to the fact that they really have no idea what to do when bub gets cranky, wheras (aparently) we have all the instructions in-built!. Unfortunately I don't know how to fix this (I certainly would be a lot happier if I did know). If you ever want to chat or have a whinge, my e-mail is [email protected]

Sam and Hayley and bub

i have a 2month old baby boy Jaylen and his dad is very stressed when baby cries about anything but you have to let them know that you are learning everything about baby just like they are and you dont have the answers to everything. my partner also cant change a nappy or do a feed without saying im not doing it right you take over so i dont really have any advice about that but if you find a way to help them not stress let me know.

char,sa,2mth old baby

absoultley !
[email protected]
I think that when babys or toddlers get upset that the dads just expect the mother to take over and take care of the children cause most of the time the mother is with them instead of the father or they just dont know what do when something goes wrong.

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

Sign in to follow this topic