Huggies Forum

Changing nappies Lock Rss

My husband is great about changing nappies. When we are both home together and there is a really big messy job to clean up, whoever is at the change table yells out "two man job" and the other will go and assist! for smaller accidents like 'vkw' says "finders keepers".
But....when it comes to baby crying, hubby turns into a total jerk!! I would much prefer he had more tolerance on this subject.
My husband has been great since day one with our little boy, changing nappies, bathing or giving him his bottle but he can't handle the crying !

I've never seen him get so frustrated so quickly and he explained that he hates the feeling of being out of control. He can't fix what ever is upsetting the little one and it upsets him also. I had to explain that sometimes babies just need to cry, not because of anything being "wrong" but just because that's what babies do.

He still hates the crying but is better able to handle it.

Lynne, NSW, Curtis' Mum

I must admit that the first few times was not the most enjoyable experience. Now on my third (and last) and I was the first to change my newborns nappy. She was minutes old, and the doctor was rather pleased (he was not looking forward to it, rather messy and black). The second miracle of the day, knowing she was healthy, beautiful and a product of my wifes body.
We also have the 'you find it you fix it' policy,when I'm home. The easy part of it is the fact that she is part of me, so its no different than my own ablutions.
ladies, try telling the other half that!

G.E.M. 2girls 1boy

My husband did his fair share of nappy changes with my son but he has slacked off a bit with our little girl but with good reason I guess...he's a nurse and works at an aged care home, and is always changing nappies there!

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

My partner will change wet nappies not a problem, but if the nappy is dirty then he acts like it's a form of torture. He also hates it when bubs crys, because it's straight back to mum then, which can be kinda frustrating when you have been dealing with a crying baby all day and you want a break, but on the whole he is a pretty good dad.

Nicky, SA

hi we have a (almost) 4 week old daughter and my Fiance has been great with nappy changes. Because im breastfeeding, he doesnt get to spend much "play" time with Talana so he uses nappy change time as his play time with her.
Sure sometmes he complains, as most men might, but he is still happy to help out whenever he can.
He is also the one who does most of the bathing as i am the one who is a little worried about doing something wrong!!!

Mummy to Talana Michelle Kimberley (13/12/2003)

my better half is great. never complains. changes whatever the nappy. wet or dirty. hes a champ

Narelle, Eilish 5th june 2002 TTC since dec 2002

Hi

I had no prob with my hubby changing nappies or doing anything for either of our kids after all they are their fathers aren't they?

My husband is pretty good with changing our sons nappies. He doesn't like the dirty ones (especially the pebble version which tries to escape!), but is aware on the weekends they are his responsibility as I get the week ones. I think 2 days for him and 5 days for me is a good deal for him.
We do share particularly bad ones though.

Rachelle, NZ, son George 10.12.02, Ian 15.06.04

My hubby is a good boy!
I had a ceaser 4weeks ago. Hubby stayed in the hospital all week with me and did most things. He changed all but 2 of the nappies in the hospital. Even the initial icky black ones. And at night he gets bubs for me to feed (breast feeding) and does her nappies to give me a break cos after all. He has no boobs. lol I think things will change when he goes back to work.

Bris, Bubby Breannah 22.04.04 n Patrick 17.01.06

My partner can't change a nappy for the life of him. He saw the first one and threw up and ever since then even going near me while I am changing Ryan he dry retches. A bit of a pain cause I have to change them all ... but pretty funny to watch. Watching the whole labour process didn't faze him but he can't handle a dirty little nappy.

Ryan (2) & Jayden (18mths)

Weird my hubby has no problem at all with changing dirty nappies which is a relief as it means I dont have to do it all the time hehe.

Joy, NZ, 3mth Baby

Sign in to follow this topic