Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Looking after yourself with a Newborn
  5. Anyone had this problem with sex after c section?

Anyone had this problem with sex after c section? Rss

hi everyone I had a c setion to deliver my daughter on 31st july. I've tried a few times to have a healthy sexcal reltionship with my husband and well this is embarrissing but it really hurts with he trys to enter, you'd think you had the baby though the birth entry rather than the opp. it hurts so much I can't go though with it. Has anyone had this problem and what did you do? Please help,

Jessica mum of Emma 2 months

Emma 31/7/03, Daniel 11/1/06

hi jessica,

i had a c section on the 5th august and had my beautiful baby boy mackenzie..

with regards to sex, i was really worried about more for the fact of hurting my wound as i had an infection..

but yes the first time we made love it did hurt a little.. all i can suggest is have you tried a lubricant.. it helps wonders.. well it did for us at least.

hope i helped a little

Mel, Briz, 3 children

Hi Jessica,
I agree, it is embarrassing to talk about it, the anonymous forum helps!
I also had a c-section (6th Aug) and have the same pain you describe. This developed around the fifth month of pregnancy though, and one theory from one of the many websites I have traversed, is that it could be from the pelvic-floor exercises.
So far, the only solutions we've discovered are: go slowly, lots of lubrication (natural or from a tube!), and doggy-style is most comfortable.
Good luck, and happy relationships!! smile

Kerry, WA, Son born Aug '03, Daughter born Feb '05

I had a c section on the 23rd sep and my husband and I started our sex life back up again when our son was 3 weeks old. It does hurt when we first start but we use a little lube and my hubby goes slow while I take a few deep breaths to relax. It will get less painfull as time goes by. This was my second c section. I was too scared to do anything after my first one until 2 months had past. Just see if relaxing hepls any.
i had a c section too. my daughter was born 5th june 2002. we didn't have sex at all until she was about 2½ months old it hurt to much and it was good my other half wasn't pushing it and he understood i was in a lot of pain so he waited until i was ready. try a different angle. the doggy would be a good idea. it might be the angle he is entering you. just wait until you are ready. there aint no rish cuddling is just as good for closeness.

narelle

Narelle, Eilish 5th june 2002 TTC since dec 2002

I also had a C section. My partner and I had sex a week after the birth. I think he was more worried than me about hurting me. We took it carefully and tried not to put too much strain on my stomach muscles or pressure on my cervix. Even though you have a C section if you're like me you'll go through 18hours of labour first so the cervix still dialates and needs time to return to normal. Hormones change after birth and sectretions change so there are many factors involved that may cause sex to be difficult. I was lucky.

Baby: Jessika

Yep, I had trouble with sex after my c section on 27 December. I had 5 hours of labour before the op, I don't know if that makes it so tight or the abstaining. We've just been going slow, and hubby on top, that seems to hurt less. Makes intimacy a bit difficult, I guess I just have to be glad I haven't got a sore perineum smile
hey i too was worried after having a c...i got an infection. and was put on anti biotiics, it hurt for a few weeks, more burning than anything...

karen,NSW, mummy to Caitlin Born 14 weeks early

it will get better

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

i had a a c-section in March this year, i didnt actually ever go into labour, so the whole thing was pain free until recovery, we had sex after about 4 weeks and the whole thing was very laid back and pain free, we both took it easy, as i was worried more about the scar and it opening up again or something horrid like that, guess i was lucky 'cos it seems most have suffered some pain in having sex after a c-section, i wonder if thats anything to do with the fact that i never went into labour, even though they tried inducing me (had 2 lots of gel that did nothing)....

Tracy, SA, DD 15/3/04 & TTC #2

I had a c-section (5th Nov) and its still painful to try and have sex with my hubby. Its one of the thing doctors didn't tell me about. I was beginning to think I was a freak or something

Joy, NZ, 3mth Baby

Thanks everone for ur imput! Things went back to normals when Emma was around 6 or 7 months old. Mind u before c section I went though 16 hours of labour and stoped at 7cm...

Emma 31/7/03, Daniel 11/1/06

Sign in to follow this topic