Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Lumpy Breasts Rss

My beautiful daughter Keeleigh Jay is now 8 weeks old. I did everything I could to Breast feed her from when she was born. Unfortunately I only managed the week I was in hospital. I tried to express what I could in the first week I was home but because of my nipples being cracked, bleeding and sore I couldn't carry on. Anyway it's now 8 weeks on and my breasts still leak a tiny bit of milk when I am in the shower, but I have found a lump in one of my breasts. The Health Nurse is sure this is probably a blocked milk duct and I am to see my doctor. I will be seeing him next week but it would be interesting to know if anyone has had the same problem and if it did result in a milk duct. I regularly masssage the lump and get out as much milk as I can when I have a shower.

WA 15 month old

Hi KJ'S Mum. I remember when I was around 21 and I also have a younger brother my mum found a few small lumps in her breast. We were expecting the worse and she was rushed off for a mammogram. It turned out she has what they call milk cycts which is basicly what they think you have but it turns into a cyct. She didnt have to do anything just have regular checkups which she has had for the last 14 years and she has had not further problems. We were shocked after so many years ago of breast feeding that they would come up like that. When I was breast feeding I use to get small lumps but I use to massage like you and it would go away as the milk came out of the breast. I hope it all goes well for you I have no doubts that it will. Take care
Hi,

Due to losing alot of blood i was unable to breastfeed and I also ended up with a lump. The hospital told me the same and I just had to massage it in the shower and it took a little while but did go away. Even though my milk didn't come in properly, I still leaked a little when I got into a hot shower for a few weeks.
Its still best to get it checked out and put your mind at ease.

Good luck

Tracy NSW, 2 boys, 4 and 2

Hi there, Well I have been to the doctor for my 8 week check up and the doctor has written me up to have an ultrasound on the lump being as I am not breastfeeding. He seems to think there is nothing to worry about and it didn't feel like it was of any concern. We will see once I have the ultrasound.
Thanks for your replies.

WA 15 month old

Sign in to follow this topic