Huggies Forum

8 Week Immunisation Lock Rss

My son is due for his 8 week immunisations, has anyone had any bubs with any side effects ?? I think I am just getting a little worried, not looking forward to it !!!
Apart for the terrible crying initially - the only side effect was a localised red and hard lump at the injection site that went away after about 2-3 days.

You could trying giving the recommended dose of Children's Panadol about 1 hour prior to the injections to help with possible fever etc.
my son got a terrible red rash on him afyrt yhe injection once we got home I called the dr back up who said to come back in immediately so I did and luckily that was just it a rash but he still had to get checked on as a rash can mean the beginning of a really bad side effect

Amanda and Oscar (22 Feb 05)

Our little man had his needles on wednesday and he was a little irritable for the rest of the day and that night he didn't sleep well. We gave him 3 doses of panadol for babies to help with his discomfort. He also has hard lumps in both legs that aren't bothering him. Hope it went well for you kirstie
smile

Kel,nsw, Girl '97 & Girl '02 & Boy '05

Have you done any research on immunisation Kirstie??

My DD is also 8 weeks old however we're not having her immunised [at least not at the moment]. She was born 15 days early for a start. I also believe our babies immune systems are way too immature for the immunisations they are meant to have, there's also way too many of them too!! DD didn't get the Hep B either.

This is only my opinion/thoughts on the matter, however I think every parent should do some research before just automatically having their child jabbed.

Kerry, WA

Hi,

my little girl went a last week bit late cos of the move....

but all that she manages to get was a headach with a big of a tempature

Scarlett 4 - Hazellyn 1 - Blake born 29.07.09

Hi Jordan didn't have any side effects except for a bit of grumpiness. Once she was given panadol this went away very quickly. Make sure you have some on hand just in case.

ayla (4 months), jordan(4yrs), maddys(7yrs)

Hi Kirstie,
My baby daughter Emily had her 8 week immunizations and what i did 40 mins before she had them I gave her a dose of Baby Panadol. The only side effects she had was a slight fever and a little puffiness in her legs so i gave her another dose of the Baby Panadol and she was fine.
Hope this helps. My email address is hoppy@netspace.net.au. Let me know how you go.

Nicole Hopkins

Hi,

I have read that you can use Emla cream(numbing cream) prior to bubs having their immunisations, so will be looking into it, when I see Dr tomorrow.
( I know it does work, as I was a wuss when getting my last tattoo and used it for myself! )

I am aware they still can have 'side effects' after being immunised, but I want to make it as stress-free ( for bub AND me) as possible! smile .

Has anyone else used this, & how did they go?

Tina, mum to Jake, Tylah & Jayden smile

Sign in to follow this topic