Huggies Forum

how often do they poo? Lock Rss

I am a mother to a 5 week old little boy and he seems to go for 6 to 7 days without doing a poo, he is fully breastfed. He seems to get really cranky about 12-24 hours before he does a poo and when he does do a poo, it is really runny so I don't think constipation is a problem? Any help would be hugely appreciated, I just want to know if this is normal............

Thanx in advace Tina
hello

my comunity nurse told me this is perfectly normal

Manuela,NSW baby girl borne on the 8.jan 2005

Mitti, thank you for your reply, it just seemed like an awefully long time to go without doing a poo and he seems to be in a lot of pain leading up to it. Thanx again for the reply, it's greatly appreciated.

Tina
hello

You welcome
as long as they loo a lot and for the pain maby it is wind?? did you try Infants friend??
my baby had a lott of pain whit wind i have given it to here now the last 4 days and she seams to be bether.

hope it will get bether

mitti

breast fed babies can go up to seven days without pooing and are generally runny. I've heard that infant's friend is good.

twins

breastfed babies can go up to 20 days without a poo, and it is not a concern!...smile

Cheers
Heléna

Liam Evan, 2

Thank you all for your replies, I did get some infants friend from the chemist yesterday afternoon and this morning he did a poo, I have never been happier to change a dirty bum. Thanx again for all that replied, it is good to come on here and share your concerns to real life mothers who have experienced the same thing.......

Tina
Infants friend is my little miracle too. I owe my sanity to that little bottle of "gold".

The Deeks 07/08/02, Googie 23/11/04

Hi Lilmiss, just a question on infants friend, how often do you give it and do you give it before or after a feed?? I have only given it to him twice, both times were when he seemed to be in quite a bit of pain and it did settle him down. I would like to prevent him being in pain if giving it before or after a feed would do that??

Thanx Tina
hello

i got toled to give it before the feeds it will work best
i use it before every feed on my girl the nurse was saying that is just fine and we are doing that nearly since 2 weeks and it is a miracel she does not seam to have so much pain she burbs much bether
i will keep on going before every feed for a while

it sure is a bottel of GOLD
could not go whitout it anymore it drove me nuts

cheers

mitti

Hello,
I had the same problem with my little girl she went 12 days without a poo.I phoned my health nurse and she said this usally happens when the baby(breastfed) is having a growth spurt as they are absorbing everything from their feed's and have no waste left to get rid of.It is all a bit scary but when you don't know that it is normal.

Stacey

StaceyW.A Cody(Son)10/7/03Jordyn(Daughter)25/11/04

Hi there,

Everything that you are experiencing is so normal. my 4 month old baby girl had poo problems and sometimes she wil go a week without doing anything. She was about the same age when this started. I give her water between feeds heated in the microwave for 20 seconds and that helps.
My email address is hoppy@netspace.net.au. Let me know if this helps.

Nicole Hopkins

Sign in to follow this topic