Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Caring for your Newborn
  5. Girls Infant Nappies Leaking

Girls Infant Nappies Leaking Lock Rss

I hope someone can offer a little advice as to why this may be happening. I have found Huggies to be the best nappy you can buy, others just don't cut it. My 2nd child is now 8 weeks old. I would say she would be approx 5kg (getting weighed this week). I recently changed her into the "Infant" size as the "Newborn" size was leaking. I assumed that she may have been too big for them. Now the Infant size is leaking around the waist area on her back. This happens all the time! I change her at every feed (4 hourly) and now in between because she wakes wet all the time. I'm at my wits end with it. It's really lovely having to clean her up at 3am in the middle of winter because she's wet!!! I have never had a lot of hassles with Huggies before! I check that the leak guards are right and everything. Has anyone had the same hassles?

Tanya, 2 mth old baby

I had the same dramas after about 6 weeks in infant nappies so I decided to go up to crawler nappies (6kg-11kg) I use Huggies also, she was only 5.8kg when I switched but it solved the problem. She is a chunky baby and needed more witdthwise. I suggest going up to crawlers and see how you go.
Hi Tanyak
I had the same problem with my son. I changed him to the crawler nappies when he was 8 weeks old (5.5kg) and havent had a problem since. It is sad to think of your little one in crawler nappies already but it saves you from changing them all the time. I used to go through about 3 outfits a day because he was so wet. Now he is dry all the time.
Hope this helps

Rach

Ethan 18/04/06 Hannah 13/04/07 Yep we were crazy a

we always wore one size bigger with Liam,
but my cousin, had both a bapy and a girl and she just used the boy nappies on her girl as she found they were better for her ??

not sure if you might want to try that, shame they do not sell sample sizes,

Heléna

Liam Evan, 2

Sign in to follow this topic