Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

starting solids Rss

I was wondering the experiances other mums have had on how early to start solids. My girl is 11 1/2 weeks almost 6kg and is still hungry after her bottle of 160ml every 3 1/2 hrs. She is very strong in holding her head up and has been for a while. i did try her with rice cereal but she hated it but she loved pumpkin that much she ate half a jar. the clinic nurse says no food till 4 mths at least, but friends of mine say they started at 3 mths and 3 1/2 mths. Have any other mums started early? or have any helpful advice???????

Liby mum for my almost 1 yr old 14/1/03 ashleigh

When my 2yo was 1/12-2 months old she to was still hungry after her milk,I also tried riseceral but she to hated it so what I started giving her was soup.My mother inlaw being Europeon said that she done that with all 3 of her kids.At first I said no way but then she gave her some homemade chicken soup and my little one LOVED it.I thought because she made the soup herself it would be good because the would not be any preserv. in it It was all natural.With it being freshly made(she even plucked the chicken herself)there was fat in it.They say u shouldn't give them anything like that under 4 months but when we gave it to her it was great.It gave her the feeling of being full and she was satisfied.She was still having her milk but we were also giving her the soup at tea time.After that she even started sleeping the night through and happier through the day time.It might sound weird but soup worked for me.All babies are different and need different things at different times.Now my little one is 2yrs and still has the soup but now she wants the drumstick as well!

LittleSasa,SA girl

When my twin daughters were 2 1/2 months old my mother started them on solids. So when my other daughter was about 2-3 months old I started her on solids. It didn't hurt them and they were much more content. I will be starting my son on solids when he is about 2-3 months. My early childhood nurse said she didn't want to know when I start him on solids as your apparently not suppose to start them till they are 4 minths. But mothers are the best judges on that. If your child wants it then let them eat it.
Sign in to follow this topic