Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Feeding your Newborn
  5. Breast feeding & weight loss

Breast feeding & weight loss Lock Rss

Hi my daughter is now 10 weeks and I was under the assumption breast feeding really helps you to lose all your baby weight, however I've not yet seen any signs of this????
I thought the same thing, my son was born 11 weeks ago and i am yet to see any results!! I think i might be putting on weight!! due to all the sitting I have to do whilist feeding? Does anyone have any suggestions for some quick exercises i can do while breastfeeding??

Em Tmba - mum to Liam 31/7/03 & Callum 7/5/05

Hi dais

Yeah it's really frustrating now that the warmer weather is here, I have a wardrobe full of lovely clothes but I can't get into any of them. I've been eating really well and what with the breastfeeding I thought I'd easily be back to my original weight but I still have 5kg to lose and I can't seem to shift it. Oh well looks like I'll have to step up my situps to 50 per night instead of 25 smile
Hi there.
My daughter is now 6 1/2 months, breastfed and I am only just beginning to feel like I'm getting back to my old self. I read somewhere that although breastfeeding helps you to lose weight it becomes more noticable in the second six months. This is definetly the case for me. Mind you, I still have about 2-3 kgs to go before I'm back to my pre pregnancy weight - if I ever get there! It takes a long time to put it on, I guess it's going to take a long time to come off as well. Good luck with it!
I had a caesarian on Wed, out of hospital on Sat and shopping on Sun and just about every day after. I dropped the weight pretty fast.
I put on approx 13kgs during pregnancy and now I am only 2kgs more than pre-pregnancy.
Whether my good luck is breast-feeding or walking, walking and more walking I dont know, but it has worked for me.
Hi,
I had my baby one week ago and already have lost all my pregnancy weight and only have a little belly which is nearly gone.
Maybe i am just lucky, but i think it also has something to do with your metabolism as well as breastfeeding. I generally have a really fast metabolism so i think that helped me to lose the weight (i had only put on 11kgs during my pregnancy though)

Mummy to Talana Michelle Kimberley (13/12/2003)

Sign in to follow this topic