Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Breastfeeding Lock Rss

Hi All,
I too believe that their is too much pressure on mums to breastfeed there bubs.
I was dead against it and am probably going to get a serve for saying this but please here me out first. I know it is natural but just had this thought in my head that I was very uncomfortable about.

Anyway first born was thrust upon me not even an hour old with no question as to are you going to breast or bottle feed. And about 30 different midwifes in hospital telling you this way or that way. I think the first 3 months are so hard.

Anyway cut a very long story short. I fed my first born till she was 11.5 months, nipple sheild, cracked nipples, bleeding nipples, mastitis, many many many painful feeds but got through it. It was around the 3-4 month mark that I actually thought well yes I can feed my baby.
It is so hard, for something that is so natural.
Anyway at the moment I am also feeding twins succesfully after the first 8 weeks of teaching them and me properly while still in hospital.

I know people who couldnt, people who wouldnt but I suppose everyone has their own reasons and beliefs.
Too all those who are pregnant specially with your first, it does get easier and a great del quicker as they get just that little bit older. If you can last 2-3 months your laughing after that.

Sorry hope i havent raved on too much
Good luck to all.

Sydney,twin boys 22/10/04+girl 26/03/02

WOW - Janelle!

I certainly have admiration for a woman who can go through all that and still breastfeed. Good on you! And now twins ... double congratulations to you too!

It is odd that something so natural and NORMAL is so hard sometimes, isn't it? I really do feel that it is because we are just so 'under-exposed' to, and under-educated about, breastfeeding in our modern society that we see so many disasterous BF attempts and horror stories. Lets hope things change soon, eh?

Cheers

jm
Hi Jm,
Thanks for that, yes I have found it very easy this time round well apart from them being in hospital trying to introduce the feeds.
I must look like a big cow I just sit there with this big pillow while they help themselves on and off. They are only 4 months old.

I admit I did not read a thing about breastfeeding so knew nothing.

Sydney,twin boys 22/10/04+girl 26/03/02

Sign in to follow this topic