Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

a little unsure!!! Lock Rss

hi i have a 9 wk old son and he has just recently cut down the amount of formula he has each bottle during the day by about 20-30ml is this because of any reason? somoeone told me he might need a faster flowing teat but im not sure as we had bad wind probs in the 1st 4 wks and im scared he'll get too much and get his pains back.

help me pls!!

kylie

***haydens mum***

Hi Kylie,
I know what you mean. My little girl is 8 weeks tomorrow and is doing the same thing. Only she's cut hers down by 40 or 50mls!! I actually think she has a cold as we are all a bit sick here. Although she has no temperature or any other symptoms. Its driving me crazy. But i tried the next size up teat and she scoffed the first half of her bottle in half the time but it made absolutely no difference to how much she drank - and yes, she ended up with wind afterwards!! Because your son has only cut his feeds down by 20-30mls it could be that he was having a 6 week old growth spurt and drinking more and now his growth spurt is over and his feeds have calmed a bit.... How much would he normally drink?

Sarah, mum of Natalie & Jessica

Not that I'm an expert or anything, but in some of the information I was given when I left the hospital, I read that babies around the age of 10 weeks tend to require less at each feed. If your bub seems content after a feed, I wouldn't worry about it too much. They tend to take only as much as they need. I think that because they grow so much in those first few weeks they need to feed often. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Sam and Hayley and bub

Sign in to follow this topic