Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Hungry Charles Lock Rss

We have a 10 day newborn, who is currently getting 4 feeds of expressed breast milk and 3 feeds of formula every 24 hours. He is drinking 100mls each feed.

We are using AVENT newborn teats, he is always hungry and sucks it down very qucikly, we have to slow him down by taking the bottle out of his mouth. The average feed takes no longer than 20 minutes and he doesn't always burp.

Can anyone offer us any advice on how to slow hungry Charles feeding time down??

Mum of Charlie 02.12.05

I was going to say use a slower teet, but you are probably already using the slowest ones, so that probably doesn't help at all!
You can tighten the lid as tight as you can, that will help slow it down, i used to tighten or loosen the bottle lid to slow or fasten the milk going through!
Just a tip that i'm not sure if you've used yet, but otherwise i'm not sure!!!
ave you tried giving him another feed? I'm sure you know when he's hungry anyway, don't mean that you aren't feeding him enough,m i just mean if he's not as hungry when he gets his feed, he might drink it slower! Not sure otherwise! But, anyway, the bottle lid thing is,
Tighten lid to slow down milk flow and loosen to fasten milk flow!
Good luck!

kelly, NSW, 4year old and 2 year old boys and expe

Just wondering why you need to slow the feeds down. Is it because fast gulping is causing coughing and spluttering? If not then there's no problem, just be thankful you can do the night feeds so quick!!!!!!!!!!!! With my 4.5 week old it takes about 1 hr if I'm lucky but avg around 1.5hrs
and she feeds 3 times a night.
A lactaion consultant recommended to me to use the steadyflow brand of bottles as they had the slowest teat. They are avail. at safeway etc and they r realy cheap. But if they work or not i dont know as by the time i could get to safeway Georgia had overcome this fast flow problem.
Hope i've helped

Mum to Aidan 20 Jan 04 and Georgia 10 Nov 05

Sign in to follow this topic