Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. After the Birth
  5. period - first time mum

period - first time mum Rss

I believe I have my period after giving birth to my son 11 weeks ago. I am breast feeding as well as giving formula. It didn't surprise me as my milk isn't strong. I have the symptoms of a sore back but the flow isn't heavy as it used to be prior to getting pregnant. I suppose I have to expect the hormones to adjust, but all I need is some assurance and would like to hear your experiences.
I formula feed my first and didn't get my period till he was about 6 months old, and it was bad! I had it for about 10 days and in the first few days was going through a super-PLUS tampon every 2 hours! My next period was almost back to normal (7days and heavy)! This time, I am hoping it won't be bad again! I have a 9week old daughter and am formula feeding and breastfeeding a little andhaven't got my period yet! I would love it to leave and never return!!

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

Hi Mary, my son is about the same age as yours!
I'm fully breastfeeding, and just had some light spotting this week for a few days, very light for a period. As far as I know, your period can be variable initially.

Michelle, mum to James born 15/9/03

I was assurred by my doctor that my period should return straight away when I finished breastfeeding my little girl after 3 weeks.....it took till 10 weeks after she was born and seemed a bit heavier the first 2 days but normal other than that!
Sign in to follow this topic