Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. After the Birth
  5. period - first time mum

period - first time mum Lock Rss

I believe I have my period after giving birth to my son 11 weeks ago. I am breast feeding as well as giving formula. It didn't surprise me as my milk isn't strong. I have the symptoms of a sore back but the flow isn't heavy as it used to be prior to getting pregnant. I suppose I have to expect the hormones to adjust, but all I need is some assurance and would like to hear your experiences.
I formula feed my first and didn't get my period till he was about 6 months old, and it was bad! I had it for about 10 days and in the first few days was going through a super-PLUS tampon every 2 hours! My next period was almost back to normal (7days and heavy)! This time, I am hoping it won't be bad again! I have a 9week old daughter and am formula feeding and breastfeeding a little andhaven't got my period yet! I would love it to leave and never return!!

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

Hi Mary, my son is about the same age as yours!
I'm fully breastfeeding, and just had some light spotting this week for a few days, very light for a period. As far as I know, your period can be variable initially.

Michelle, mum to James born 15/9/03

I was assurred by my doctor that my period should return straight away when I finished breastfeeding my little girl after 3 weeks.....it took till 10 weeks after she was born and seemed a bit heavier the first 2 days but normal other than that!
Sign in to follow this topic