Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. After the Birth
  5. Periods when Bottlefeeding

Periods when Bottlefeeding Rss

Hi, I am bottlefeeding my 9 week old daughter and have not got my periods back, i thought this only happened when you breastfed? Has anyone else had this or any advice...

Belinda

Hi Belinda,
Be thankful!!!! Obviously your hormones are still out of whack, which is completely understandable. My periods didn't return for 6mths after my first but I wasn't as luck with my second and I got them when she was 6wks. The first time around I went straight back to clockwork but this time they're all over the place which is quite annoying.
If you're really concerned, speak to your GP or Ob/Gyn.
Best of luck,
Peta

Peta, NSW, mum of 2 gorgeous girls

My daughter is 3 months old and i have still yet to get my periods back and i have been bottlefeeding her since she was just over a week old.
At 6 weeks i had a gush of blood one day and that was it, i'm not sure if that was my period, but if it was, i should be due soon.
Your hormones are probably just out of wack. I mean, it's great not to have periods, but if you feel like me (bloated and horrible) i want them.
I don't think it's anything to worry about though.
i did not get mine with my 3rd bub till he was almost 3 months old dont panic unless you are pregnant & dont want to be !

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

HI mikbell

im bottle feeding my 7 week old daughter aswell. i started to get my periods 6 weeks after having her but i only bleed for 2 weeks after her. Your hormones could just be taking longer to come back to "normal" if your worried see your local doctor

MLD
Sign in to follow this topic