Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Your Newborn's Health

Your Newborn's Health

Holly_T

My baby has a cold any tips? Lock

my daughter is nearly three weeks old and has a cold, a blocked nose and sneezing. shes really na...

2 replies

You can definately use the saline nasal drops. There's one called Fess little noses that comes with a 'nasal aspirator' to help remo...

Anam1

Wheezing sound in newborn Lock

My DS is 5 weeks old. Ever since he was born, I have heard him have a wheezing sound (like crack...

2 replies

Joeysmum is spot on, and it is worse if they are born by c section coz getting squeezed down the birth canal helps get a fair amount...

cmarie

baby boy feeding Lock

my little man is 3 1/2 months and all he wants to do all day is feed!he sleeps well but feels lik...

1 reply

My little, big boy was a hungry, hungry baby too. I get an idea of how you must be feeling. Are you breast or bottle feeding? Do yo...

baybee80

is it safe to push babies umbilical hernia in? Lock

Hi, i dont know if its okay to push my babys hernia in.. its so huge but when his sleeping or whe...

2 replies

my little boy ended up with an umbilical hernia when he was 4/5 weeks old in hospital with bronchilitis and it was from struggling t...

peg10

sweat/heat rash on my newborn Lock

my 1 month old newborn has sweat/heat rash all over her face and it doesnt seem to be getting any...

3 replies

This is quite normal for a newborn - don't over clean or over bathe your little one. It could also be a hormone rash, which newborns...

Court.is.mum.of.3

4 days and no poo..... Lock

My 5 week old is constipated BAD!!! We're pretty sure she has colic (but now I think it may not b...

7 replies

My MCHN told me an easy way to avoid constipation is to always add an extra 10mls water in each bottle and it really helped my DS. O...

jaiduss

hip problems in newborns Lock

My lil girl in now nearly 5 months old, she was a heavy set baby born with a c-section being our ...

3 replies

my little girl is 5 weeks old we were told she had clicky hips when she was 2 days old she has been in double nappies since then, wa...

Ruby-Soho-and-Floyd

baby formular Lock

a while ago i posted a thread about my hard choice, i ended up keeping my baby. i didnt get time ...

5 replies

Hi there I agree with all the other Mums. 7 weeks is too early to keep him on Step 2. From memory it's a different mix of ingredi...

Sashey77

Probiotics Lock

Anyone used them for their newborn? I have started my DD2 on them, she is 7 weeks, seems to be m...

New no replies Be the first to reply »
catherine82

Boiled water??? Lock

i am a first time mum of a 5 week old baby girl she is very hungry ( totally breast fed ) she sna...

5 replies

I give my newborn boiled water, and was told to by both my mother and midwife for a couple of reasons. 1 when she has problems with ...

mumofabbeyandlola

2 weeks old - cord still attached Lock

My bub is 2 weeks old today & the cord still hasn't detached. How long is too long for it to stil...

lozzakrieg

teary eye Lock

my 3 month old daughter, Pippa has had a teary eye for the last two weeks. at first i thought it ...

5 replies

hi, My son had this from about 4 weeks until 3 months in both eyes and then just one eye for another 2 months or so. It was put dow...

rhozze

rashes on face Lock

my 5 month old son has rashes all over his body but more prominent on his face. the doctor prescr...

3 replies

Hi again Have a look here, its got interesting info on formula... http://www.aocd.org/skin/dermatologic_diseases/eczema_allergens....

selsbels

heart murmurs going to Brisbane Mater Hospital Lock

We picked up possible heart probs on my antenatal scans. since my bub was born she has had tests ...

2 replies

Big hugs to you! I know what a scary time this must be. My little boy Sebastian was diagnosed at 8 weeks of age with an ASD (8ml in ...

amandabates87

how do i know he is getting enough breast milk? Lock

hi there this is my second bub he is 5 days old and i am just worried he may not be getting eno...

4 replies

They should be getting about 6 wet nappies a day. Has he been weighed since birth? Thats also another good way to tell. My DS is 5 ...

3_miracles

weight gain for breastfed babies Lock

I was hoping to hear from mums who are 100% breastfeeding and find out how much weight your babie...

7 replies

I am 100% breastfeeding my daughter. She was born 4.47kg and now at 14 weeks weighs 8kg, (the same weight as my dd2 was when she was...

allynz

Umbilical hernias???? Lock

hi my sisters 4 week old baby had a last midwife check today and my sister was told her little bo...

4 replies

Hi, my new baby boy has a large umbilical hernia too.. i havent been to early childhood or doctor yet but im sure it is hernia its s...

rabadia

baby not pooing Lock

hi my baby has not had bowel movement for 3 days he is breastfed and formula fed as am loosing my...

4 replies

Its normal As long as bub has lots of wet nappies dont stress. My bub only does a poo every 5-7 days now and boy when he does its a...

jessica1983

Is it ok to give my baby water to drink Lock

Hi everyone I am just wondering if it is ok to give my 8 week old baby water as it has been quite...

10 replies

Hi All Breastfed babies do not need to be fed water no matter what the weather is like as our breastmilk has everything in it. If y...

Bek81

Head/neck strength Lock

I have a question about head/neck strength or if anyone else's child is doing the same. I have a...

2 replies

Hi there, This post could have been written by me, my 12 week old DD does exactly the same thing, can I ask how you went with the cl...

belinda2009

Reflux and Losec Lock

Hi there, My 6 week old daughter has reflux and was prescribed 1/2 tablet of Losec. I'd...

4 replies

I used losec on 3 of my kids and it only worked for 1 of them and I noticed a huge improvement in a week for him... My other son and...

Kell&Kallum (angelfire75au)

Green Poo Lock

HI, I have a 12 week old, exclusively Breast fed who has been having constant green poos. For abo...

1 reply

as BF bubs diet is totally reliant on you i have 2 suggestions. 1 have you changed your diet 2 i was always told that green poos can...

Lilee,Ryder&Squidgy

Jaundice Lock

Both my kids had jaundice from birth. My ds had it quite bad and it ruined my chance of bf him ex...

5 replies

Thanks Christina, Ryder wasn't gaining weight and wasn't getting better from the jaundice so unfortunatly formula was the only way ...

Kel_Will_Lucy

Belly button bleed Lock

Just a quick question .... My daughter's belly button fell off on day 8 but over the last few d...

3 replies

as long as there are no signs of infection (smelly discharge, redness swelling etc) is completely normal. my sons got nocked off by ...

mummieme

flaky skin on head Lock

hi, just wondering if anyone else's baby got flaky skin on head and after sleep it;s still there....

3 replies

DS has flaky skin and I was told not to use baby oil, but to a vegetable based oil like olive oil and his skin is much better now.

Zhons_Mommy09

6 Week old with Heart Murmur Lock

we have just found out our 6 week son has a heart murmur we are currently waiting on the paed to ...

7 replies

we had our peads appt today to discuss the results of the echo. Seems that she has a sizeable hole in the heart, and a narrowing of ...

shazzr

reflux, colic, chiropractor??? pease help Lock

My 9 week old girl has never settled since birth. at 2 weeks doc suspected reflux, changed to ar ...

7 replies

we had the exact same thing. my DS is 8 weeks, and at 3 weeks was disgnosed reflux, put on s26AR. made things worse. tried Nan HA Go...

Coldsores due to morphine in my spinal block Lock

I also suffer from coldsores, have all my life and so far neither of my girls have had an signs o...

rick.l.

my li'll princess Lock

Hi my name is rick and i have a brand new li'll baby girl whom is now 3 weeks old her name is cha...

rick.l.

my li'll princess Lock

Hi my name is rick and i have a brand new li'll baby girl whom is now 3 weeks old her name is cha...

x0xmelx0x

Heel prick test to be redone Lock

Hey all i just had a cal from my midwife saying tht my daughters heel prick test needs to be redo...

3 replies

My latest bubs had to have it re-done as the hospital did it before he was 48 hours old and apparently its usless if done then, so i...

mummypie

Stridor noise and leg seizures Lock

My 4th baby was born 4 weeks early weighed 11 pounds 3 and profoundly hyperglycemic. he spent the...

*alyssa&kobeys~mummy*

snuffly breathing Lock

my 6 week old's breathing sometimes gets a little snuffly at night time when she is lying down, w...

8 replies

Its pretty normal for babies to be snuffly when their asleep on their back as its there natural relexes stopping them from chocking ...

shelz1003

Hiccups Lock

hi, my 4 wk old has hiccups nearly evry day without fail, just wandering what can trigger these o...

4 replies

Thats so interesting about the beasfeeding slowing down the breathing as I to will breastfeed to settle baby and it does work!!

baybee80

tongue tied Lock

HI all... my baby just born with tongue tied... i was wondering if anyone elses baby was born w...

2 replies

thanx, he got it snipped last week... hope he doesnt hav any speech problems. hows ur 1st child speech now?

jah_blezd

ULTRASOUND / XRAY 4 CLICKY HIPS Lock

hi my babys hips have been clicking since 6weeks, the doctor made a referal. i didnt hear from an...

13 replies

Hope it all came back fine. How come they couldn't tell you about the results of the x-rays at the time? [Edited on 23/11/2009]

Swee*tie~

baby boy clothes to give away.. lots of other baby things to go Lock

Hi everyone, We are planning to move overseas so there are plenty of baby boy's clothes that w...

1 reply

hi i was wondering what clothes you were giving away and if you had a baby monitor still?

shelz1003

uneaven tummy Lock

my lil 2 month old stomach seems to sit alot to the right especially after feeds, jus wandering i...

1 reply

My 4 week old is the same. She gets quite "windy" so we are trialling infacol to see if that helps in getting the wind up/out. Any...

mum_of_2_boys

poo question Lock

Hi there, My 6 wk old DS is passing yellow, frothy poos. I thought it may be a foremilk/hindmilk ...

2 replies

Hi, Do you have a really fast let-down? It could be more of an issue with that than anything else, especially as it's the 'normal'...

katie20

swine flu vaccine Lock

Hi Has anybody who is breast feeding had the swine flu vaccine? If so did it affect your bub. My ...

1 reply

I had the swine flu vaccine when bub was 8 days old and from what I could tell it had no effect on my breastfeeding or on bub throug...