Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Huggies Sharing tools
  4. Kids Recipes
  5. What do you put in your toddler's lunch box for daycare?

What do you put in your toddler's lunch box for daycare? Rss

Just wondering what all you mum's put it your toddlers lunch box for daycare?
My daughter is nearly 3 but very fussy. She will eat apple flavoured food's but won't eat a apple, she likes biscuits, loves peanut butter and most dairy foods.
I'm stuck with what to put in her lunch box and I'm pretty sure she is over the same thing all the time!
So any idea's would be fantastic!

Thanks smile
Well you cant go by a good old fashion sandwich, a small yohgurt, buiscuts, or crisps with cheese, piece of fruit, muslei bar or muffin bar.

My daughter is nearly 3 but very fussy. She will eat apple flavoured food's but won't eat a apple, she likes biscuits, loves peanut butter and most dairy foods.
I'm stuck with what to put in her lunch box and I'm pretty sure she is over the same thing all the time!

Thanks smile

How about......
Apple and cinnamon muffins or pikelets
Apple and cinnamon cereal bar
Cheese stick
Cheese and cracker pack
Rice wheels
Zuchini slice
Home made vegemite scrolls
Yoghurt
Custard
Celery stick and peanut butter
Home made museli bar
Tuna snack pot and crackers

Hope that helps

Thanks smile

mine goes wth....yog, fresh and dried fruit, sandwhich, crackers, cheerio, cold meat, rice cakes.that was just today
If she like apple stff...try the apple and cinamon flavored rice cakes. We go thru pks a week. Super yum.
I also try to bake things like zucc slice, savory muffins, slices, cakes, muffins, what about sending in hot food like leftovers from tea or spag/baked beans?
hope I helped.
here what i roughly put biscuits, a cupcake ,sultana with dried bananas & apricots ... atm im puuting popcorn & my boy is luving that

Tyler 12/6/03 . Dion 10/11/08

My daughter is the same.

I pack a peanut butter sandwich, packet of sultanas, fresh fruit (grapes, watermelon, rockmelon) Yoghurt, cheese and on very special days vege chips or tiny teds.

I often think her day care mum must think I'm boring but if I alter it slightly it all comes home again.
My daughter LOVES peanut butter too but we are not allowed to take anything with nuts/peanut butter to school.
I buy the little mini rice crackers, cruskits with marmite, the little pottles of Pams jelly (depending where you are from), Fruit Squirtz, any leftover food or spaghetti is always a winner!, or pikelets with jam to name a few.
It is very hard with a fussy eater and they get sick of the same thing every day.
Oh I also forgot to mention sushi! It's a winner, but only every so often because it is a bit more time consuming to make! But add tuna or teriyaki chicken with carrots/avo/cucumber for something different!
This is what I give my girls-
Piece of fruit
yoghurt
sandwich
cheese stick
cheerios
musli bar
kellogs k time bar
pop corn
saladas/premiums with vegemite or peanut butter
Popper
1 biscuit or something yummy

I just buy what ever is cheapest or on special at the time so they get a few different things every now an then.
My little guy is fussy too. I've been giving him the new Sultana Bran Buds - we call them "pillows" and he loves them in his lunch box or dry for breakfast.

That got me thinking and so we've also just tried Nutri-grain and Uncle Tobys High Fibre Honey Bites as well as their Fruity Bites. He loves eating these dry and they make a great snack.
My daughter loves strassburg cold meat and cheese cubes. She is loving the 'Fantastic Delights' savoury biscuits atm they are light and easy to eat.
Ritz cheese biscuits are also easy for little ones to eat. smile
Sign in to follow this topic