Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Dying pasta for kids crafts Lock Rss

I have read that people use food colouring and isoco or rubbing alcohol. Where do I buy this from? and if I can't find it then is there anything else I can use? will metho or white vinegar work?
Thanks! smile
Hi! I've just used food dye from the supermarket or Spotlight in the past.
It works really well on its own or mixed with a very small amount of water. Once coloured to satisfaction, lay out on baking paper or foil or even a plate to dry thoroughly. Pretty sure I've seen rubbing alcohol at Bunnings though.
MAKE SURE THEY ARE DRY!!!
When I was pregnant I made "craft bags" so If DD was bored when I was in hospital she could pull out a bag and everything would be ready for her to make something.
We pulled out the "make a necklace" bag and the pasta was all mouldy sad
Leave it to dry for a few days

Put your pasta in a bowl add some food colouring and about a teaspoon of water, mix it all up till it is covered (add more colouring if needed) spread it out on a tray lined with baking paper and put it in a low oven for about 5 minutes or untill dry.

Made it for the first time the other day. Very easy, doesn't take long and ready to use straight away.
Have fun.

Put your pasta in a bowl add some food colouring and about a teaspoon of water, mix it all up till it is covered (add more colouring if needed) spread it out on a tray lined with baking paper and put it in a low oven for about 5 minutes or untill dry.

Made it for the first time the other day. Very easy, doesn't take long and ready to use straight away.
Have fun.

thank you!! thats a great idea about putting it in the oven!!! I hated the thought of all this pasta laying out to dry for days!
food colouring in a tiny amount of water works well.

I layed mine out on a baking tray to dry (took about 20 min) and then put them in an old colander.

I always wondered how this was done. Thanks heaps!
Sign in to follow this topic