Hi there, sorry first time on this and soon to be a first time mother. I am 27 weeks pregnant which is a miracle after some hideous reproductive issues. I am 29 years old and have been in a relationship for 5 years with my partner who is 37. We were both thrilled with the news as we had been trying for so long but lately, it seems as though the pregnancy has highlighted all the cracks in our relationship. The worst being his disregard of my feelings for that of his mother. Today I put my foot down and while I am sad, I know I should have done this years ago.

I am just wondering how best to deal with him so that my daughter will still have a relationship with her father but under no circumstances, do I want her around his mother?

I want to be clear- this is not just a bog standard dislike of her for a petty personality clash. She is dishonest, manipulative and her behavior has put her daughter's children at risk hence the lack of relationship she has with those grandchildren. My disappointment is that she hasn't learnt from those mistakes & my now former partner still didn't respect me enough to create boundaries for her so my baby will not have the family unit we initially envisioned.

How can I encourage him to put our daughter's wellbeing ahead of his mother's feelings?