Huggies Forum

When to move on Lock Rss

Hi all, just have a question regarding when is to soon to move on?? My partner and I separated in November, after not getting along for awhile after being together for 6 years, no chance of getting back together so I was wondering when is to soon to start looking for someone else?? I know that sounds wrong but my x hasn't cared for awhile and I just put up with it
Thanks everyone smile
Follow your heart. There's no set time frame for this sort of thing. In my case I wasn't ready for about two years but it was a pretty traumatic relationship and each and every person is different. It seems to me you're feeling as though you're ready now, in which case good for you. You go girl! For me it was just a case of meeting the right person with whom I felt ready to move on with. That made all the difference. It can be scary territory, especially with a child/children in the mix and it having been such a long term relationship you've come out of, but you have to dip your toe in the water sooner or later!
Good luck for when you do decide to move on. Enjoy smile
Thank you, I have been talking to someone who wants to meet me and what not, was just a little concerned it was too soon but I feel much better now.. Thank you for your reply means alot even though I don't know you, hope all has/is going well for you to smile
No such thing as "to soon" when you are ready go for it smile all those that say it is to soon can say that when they have someone to crawl into bed with / go home to smile what others opinions are really are that a opinion not your reality , I left my ex 2 weeks later was with some one else (not intentional) my ex and my relationship,was finished for a long time we had been leading separate lives for so long and no one new everyone else was shocked when we told them that we where no longer together. I think our friends and family took it worse than we did lol. 5 yrs on and we are both in relationships that help bring us joy
Thank you for replying, I agree with that one about other people, if you don't mind me asking were you guys married or just in a relationship?? My ex and I hadn't been getting along for awhile and then he told me to pick between him and my family which I wouldn't do so he ended it, alot people said to me that they seen it coming, it's good to hear you have both found someone now thank you for your help
Blah_Blah89 wrote:
Thank you for replying, I agree with that one about other people, if you don't mind me asking were you guys married or just in a relationship?? My ex and I hadn't been getting along for awhile and then he told me to pick between him and my family which I wouldn't do so he ended it, alot people said to me that they seen it coming, it's good to hear you have both found someone now thank you for your help

I was with my ex for 12 yrs and married for 3 of those smile hope that helps
Sign in to follow this topic