Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Your Baby's Family
  4. Your Relationships
  5. 17 weeks pregnant and looking at the prospect of becoming a single mother

17 weeks pregnant and looking at the prospect of becoming a single mother Lock Rss

Hi everyone,
This is my first forum post and I'm sorry it is not a happy one. My partner and I had two miscarriages last year, one in August and one in November, and after the last one I decided I wanted to leave, not only because of the stress the MC's put on our relationship, but I had found out that he was sexting his (apparently soon to be) ex-wife, apologising to her for putting her through MY miscarriages (all I got from her was verbal abuse), which when I confronted him about, tried to tell me that his FB account was hacked and that he did not write any of it.
Pregnancy number 3 came about after I got extremely drunk after I had the 2nd MC (in a vain attempt to dull the pain) and I happened to ovulate extremely early.
I am now seriously considering leaving as he seems to be a pathological liar and only does things to benefit himself.
I know what to do, my question is how do I do it? What is being a single mum like?
Congrats on your pregnancy, I am sorry you experienced two losses last year sad fingers crossed this baby sticks for you and you have a healthy pregnancy.

Not sure if this works but if you want to end it with your partner maybe think about what you want/don't want, what/why you are unhappy and then tell him and take it from there. I'm not sure if he's one to turn around on things and improve his behaviour or if you're better off just walking away.

Being a single parent is hard for sure but also wonderful. I'm not sure what else to say about it sorry!
Sign in to follow this topic