Huggies Forum

Brother in law getting tattoo Lock Rss

OMG I am so sorry you have had to go through this, and i can understand why you are fuming, i would be too. My mum wants to add my kids names into her tattoos and i really dont like that idea, df thinks its a lovely gesture, she has my name and my brothers name, but i dont think anyone other then parents of the kids should have their names tattood on them, im sorry but thats just my opinion...

We had our DD's christening on sunday just gone, and BIL turned up in a black shirt, blue board shorts, skate shoes, and to top it all off, his shirt said "F&*K THE AUTHORITIES" across it for the whole world to see!!
Don't you just love family!!! You can choose your friends but you can't choose your family. But i just wish some family members would grow up and realise the world doesn't revolve around them.

Amanda, 1 gorgeous girl & 1 handsome man

i think your being a little over the top. Ok he should have asked you before getting it done, but he obviously loves his neices and nephews and maybe he realises he'll never have children of his own (especially if he cant hold a relationship and is petty), whether you like it or not, your kids mean something to your family and if they want to express their devotion to them then hey, better then nothing right? it gives them an opportunity to bring up the topic of their family when people ask about the tattoo.
and on the topic of dress codes, if you dont write it down, dont expect people to assume what you want them to wear. common sense isnt always that
i'm waiting for the day this happens to me - but with my sil...she even has my name on her (not small either!) can't believe how similar his personality is to hers LOL...I just don't get it...but i've decided to just ignore it...(I know its hard)... - your reaction is exactly what he was after 'shock factor', I keep reminding myself how foolish it is, a tattoo will never represent the relationship they have with our children - because they are far to self indulgent to enjoy the benefits of being and uncle/aunty...let him keep those tattoos to remind him everyday what a disrespectful loser he is, and maybe one day he'll realise rather than making this uncle thing about him...he should focus on being a good role model for those kids...well thats what i'm secretly hoping my SIL will do...I know its hard not to get fired up at their selfishness...but they're just not worth it mate...I do find it amusing that my SIL will have big tattoos of my DH, me and about to have my DD too...yet spend very little time with us, and has been late to the birthday and christening, tried to make an entrance....so rather than her tattoos saying how much she 'loves us' her actions show we're not important at all...
wacko what a strange thing to do.
He really should have kids of his own if he's gonna do stupid crap like that,
When he's an old man they wont even be ledgible.
Not to mention its just all out bizarre and not telling you is strange.

Maybe he was smokin some wacky tobacky before he got them xD
I know exactly how you feel but at least this man that got the tattoos isn't blood related to you personally .. my sister got my son's name tattooed on her while on holidays with her boyfriend and I'm beyond disgusted! I have not spoken to her in months because of it and upto this point I haven't stopped her from seeing my son either in my mother's house or her own house (obviously without me present) because I don't want my child losing out on knowing his aunt. She's my only sibling too so it's been hard on my parents trying to keep us separate but iv recently been informed she's fed a sob story to my mother about how she "didn't think I'd get so upset" and that she "thought long and hard about what and where" she wanted it which funnily enough is the opposite to what she told me.

The day she came home from her holidays she presented it to me like I should be honoured that she got my son's name permanently inked (on the back of her neck of all places) I nearly puked I was so beyond angry and I asked her to leave .. After a couple heated texts she agreed that it was wrong and that she would have been equally as upset had I done that to her. She finally agreed to get a tattoo cover up .. that was 4 months ago and today I finally bit the bullet while not willing to accept this tattoo but hoping to open up some dialogue it being Christmas and all that she basically told me to get over it and if I didn't then there would be no discussion about anything. My parents bought her lies hook line and sinker or maybe she lied to me when she said it was a split second decision and that's why she didn't ring and see if I'd mind but either way she lied to get out of trouble and now I'm wondering if I made the right decision in leaving her remain part of my child's life. Clearly she has no respect for our relationship as siblings but that doesn't have to affect my son and so far I haven't left it but her lying to get away without taking responsibility for her mistakes is setting an awful example for my child.

I honestly know deep down if she got it covered or removed I could get past this and accept her back into my life knowing she owned up and admitted her mistake but it doesn't seem likely..

I have no idea what I'm supposed to do she's my only sibling it's hurting our parents and now they blame me for over reacting but it honestly makes me feel sick to even think about that tattoo!

I can't even look at her now without feeling deep hatred it's heartbreaking because we used be so close. I would love to be able to get over it but it's not an option because I know I just can't do that! I wish she'd gotten something a bit cryptic rather than using my son's name sad

Ps I know this post is old but I'm hoping anybody can tell me how I should deal with this I feel like I'm going crazy ...
Ciaralynch1861 wrote:
I know exactly how you feel but at least this man that got the tattoos isn't blood related to you personally .. my sister got my son's name tattooed on her while on holidays with her boyfriend and I'm beyond disgusted! I have not spoken to her in months because of it and upto this point I haven't stopped her from seeing my son either in my mother's house or her own house (obviously without me present) because I don't want my child losing out on knowing his aunt. She's my only sibling too so it's been hard on my parents trying to keep us separate but iv recently been informed she's fed a sob story to my mother about how she "didn't think I'd get so upset" and that she "thought long and hard about what and where" she wanted it which funnily enough is the opposite to what she told me.

The day she came home from her holidays she presented it to me like I should be honoured that she got my son's name permanently inked (on the back of her neck of all places) I nearly puked I was so beyond angry and I asked her to leave .. After a couple heated texts she agreed that it was wrong and that she would have been equally as upset had I done that to her. She finally agreed to get a tattoo cover up .. that was 4 months ago and today I finally bit the bullet while not willing to accept this tattoo but hoping to open up some dialogue it being Christmas and all that she basically told me to get over it and if I didn't then there would be no discussion about anything. My parents bought her lies hook line and sinker or maybe she lied to me when she said it was a split second decision and that's why she didn't ring and see if I'd mind but either way she lied to get out of trouble and now I'm wondering if I made the right decision in leaving her remain part of my child's life. Clearly she has no respect for our relationship as siblings but that doesn't have to affect my son and so far I haven't left it but her lying to get away without taking responsibility for her mistakes is setting an awful example for my child.

I honestly know deep down if she got it covered or removed I could get past this and accept her back into my life knowing she owned up and admitted her mistake but it doesn't seem likely..

I have no idea what I'm supposed to do she's my only sibling it's hurting our parents and now they blame me for over reacting but it honestly makes me feel sick to even think about that tattoo!

I can't even look at her now without feeling deep hatred it's heartbreaking because we used be so close. I would love to be able to get over it but it's not an option because I know I just can't do that! I wish she'd gotten something a bit cryptic rather than using my son's name sad

Ps I know this post is old but I'm hoping anybody can tell me how I should deal with this I feel like I'm going crazy ...

I think that you are making this bigger than it needs to be.

Her body she can put whatever she wants on it. She does not have to ask your permission. It is her that has to live with it for the rest of her life.

My BIL has all three of my kids names on him. To me that just shows that he cares and loves my kids. I am honoured that he even thought that our kids were so important to him to have it done. How does it affect you??? It shows that she loves and cares for your child.

Sign in to follow this topic