Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Your Baby's Family
  4. Your Relationships
  5. MIL- I'm sure you've heard it all b4

MIL- I'm sure you've heard it all b4 Lock Rss

I need to let this all out so you'll have to excuse me!!

I have a little girl who is now just over 3 months and having just recently moved to cold canberra we have been taking extra care to ensure that she doesn't catch a cold etc. It was all going so well until my MIL decided to come and visit over the weekend- I didnt have a problem with that at all. However, she decided to bring her grandson along -who likes to pull and bite at my little one. Anyway, they turned up yesterday and to my surprise her grandson had a virus - which meant that he was sneezing and coughing all over the place! Yep - and you guessed it, now my little one is sick! She can hardly breathe and is now coughing and sneezing.

I can't believe how careless some people can be. You think that because he was sick that she would leave him behind - that's what any "normal" person would do - right?? Or am I overreacting???

Mary Annalee & Daniella Jane are so cute!

bo you are completely right, sometimes they just dont think. my mum tried to feed my daughter 3 months a grape and cheese, i cracked it and yelled at her before she got a chance to do it. it just annoyed me that people can be so dumb.

Kayla Elizabeth (10/1/06) Mummy''''s Angel

I can't stand people who knowingly bring germs to visit my baby! I want to ring them at 3am and make them listen to the squawking so they realise what they've done!

Nina has her second cold right now, she barely got over the last one a couple of weeks ago - and surprise surprise, she got sick this time a couple of days after being cuddled by my brother-in-law's ditzy girlfriend, who'd "forgotten" she'd just got over a cold. Grrr!

I know we can't wrap them up in cotton wool, and it's part of childhood to get lots of colds etc - but there's no need to expose them to anything we don't have to!

It's great that people want to see my baby and cuddle and kiss her ... but they're not the ones who have to suffer when they pass on their bugs! It makes me so mad! I'm gonna make it my policy this winter to ask people if they're harbouring any bugs before I see them - I don't care if they think I'm insane - our babies' health is our top priority after all.

This new forum is strange ...

Sign in to follow this topic