Huggies Forum

wont sleep during the day Rss

Hi
i have a 9mth old who no longer likes day sleeps,
today she woke up about 7.15am then had a 10min nap around lunch time, and then was awake til 7pm, so i put her to bed awake and she fell sleep about 7.15, then she was back up ,wide awake at 9pm, i put her back down about 9.30 after she settled a bit and she fell asleep around 10pm, and she will now sleep til 7am-ish.

how can i get her to sleep during the day?
is she ok not having a day sleep at this age?
my eldest(now 2y9mths)at 9mths went from 2 sleeps to 1 for 2-3hrs, Kaylee seems to following the same pattern so it must be something i am doing, or not doing. (but Kaylee has dropped her day sleeps altogther)

should i put her in bed between certain times even if she doesnt sleep?
we follow the sleep/feed/play during the day, at night she likes a bf for comfort around 9pm.
thanks Maree.

Michelle

DD 13/11/03 -DD 11.11.05 - DS 17.4.08

Hi Michelle,
You would expect her to be displaying some tired signs during this time this is too long to go without a nap. You need to act on tired signs immediately as an overtired baby is harder to settle. Use our settling techniques when putting her down as they offer a clear and repetitive message that it’s time to sleep.
Don’t comfort feed as this will give mixed messages.
You can get an overview of our settling program from the <a href=" https://www.huggies.com.au/BeingAParent/YourBab... Baby’s Sleep</a> section of the Huggies site or for more detail, and a visual demonstration, from <a href="It&#39;s time to sleep&lt;/a" />It's Time To Sleep</a> DVD&BOOK.
Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic