Huggies Forum

4 Months old has never slept more than 45mins Lock Rss

Hi,

I really am at my wits end !!!

My 4 month old daughter Amelia will not sleep more than 45mins a time during the day since she was 2 weeks and 6 days.

I have purchased you book and DVD and implemented the Feed/Play/Sleep technique over 4 weeks ago, still with no success.

Normally I can get her to sleep in the mornings but after 45mins she wakes and will not resettle. I usually admit defeat after 30 to 45mins. As the day progresses I then have problems getting her to sleep at all. By 4pm we are both tired where I bath and feed and try to settle her this normally takes 2 hours.

Amelia is now fighting me when I place her on her side to settle, she has started throwing herself back onto her back and sobbing. I have started leaving the room and letting her cry for 5mins at a time but she only gets herself even more worked up.

Another problem I face with her is she will not sleep away from her cot. Any suggestion there ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Katrina (Amelia, Born 27/06/04)

Hi,

Are you in Melbourne? I think you would benefit from some one-on-one assistance.
Let me know and I can give you some contact details.

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Hi Katie

I also live in Sydney and thought you might like to know about a sleep clinic that I took my son to when he was about 3 months old. He was also not a good day sleeper at that age.

It depends what area you live in as to what would be the closest to you but your baby clinic should be able to give you a referral. Some are free services (generally with waiting lists), others you have to pay for but they can be covered sometimes by your health fund.

I'm sure Maree will continue to help you via email but I really recommend you look into it as face-to-face can help so much.

I hope things improve for you

Jodie, Sydney, CJ born 5/12/03

Sign in to follow this topic