Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Help Panel (Read Only)
  4. Baby Sleep Expert - Q&As (Read Only)
  5. Early waking baby -I'm a single working parent

Early waking baby -I'm a single working parent Lock Rss

Could you please suggest ways of getting my 9 1/2 month old son to sleep in a little bit in the morning? I am going crazy because my son wakes between 4:30 and 5pm. As I am now back at work, I really need my sleep of a night. He goes to bed anytime between 7 and 8. I tried putting him to bed at 6:50 each night which was fine, he'd be fast asleep by 7 but he'd still wake early (4-5am) I look for the tired signs and pop him straight in bed when he shows them. I would love it if he would sleep until at least 7am. Because of my working hours, I dont get to bed myself until at least 10pm (theres housework etc to be done after work)

The other problem is the hot weather that we've been having here. For the last couple of days, he's been so cranky from the heat. He only sleeps for about half an hour and wakes up covered in sweat, even though he's only wearing a nappy. Ive tried putting the fan in his room but he then gets a chill. His window is always open yet he seems to be too hot during the day. Any suggestions on this?

Thanks

Belinda

Belle, QLD. Son born 08/01/04

Hi Belinda,

Sorry I can’t do much about the heat. We don’t want to create an overnight feed habit, but in these cases when the other option is getting up with him and starting the day, I would try giving him a feed and resettling.

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic