Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Help Panel (Read Only)
  4. Baby Sleep Expert - Q&As (Read Only)
  5. wants to be held to go to sleep and wakes at night

wants to be held to go to sleep and wakes at night Lock Rss

My little girl is 16 months old and sleeps in my bed when she wakes about 10 or 11pm at night. I really want her to sleep in her own bed but im not sure if she crys at night if i should just let her cry herself to sleep? I am also holding her to make her go to sleep at night as I went through a stage if I didnt hold her she would vomit at night. She has been sick with a gastro bug but she is ok now. She sleeps by herself during the daytime and puts herself to sleep.
Hi,

Just letting them cry it out is not the way our program works. Giving a clear message and repetitive techniques is the best way to teach a baby or toddler to sleep independently. You need to keep putting her back quietly but firmly each time she gets up, this might take 100 times in a night - be prepared.

The vomiting is a power play to get your attention and it works. You need to clean her up and keep on with the putting back to bed.

Best of luck, Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Hi chinadoll,
Im a mother of one , a girl,and I'm no expert but Im also having dificulties with my little onesleeping only at night too and have tried everything and found screaming just works my little one up, but last night I had a breakthrough. I found that putting my dressing gown into her cot would let her sleep as she could smell me on my dressing gown. she slept with it all night and ony woke up at 12 for her bottle and then she woke at 6 this morning. so maybe a piece of your clothing at night in her cot may help?

kari

Sign in to follow this topic