Huggies Forum

Toddler Day Sleeps Lock Rss

My daughter is 2.3 months. She has been fighting her day sleep for a few months now. Some days she has one, some she doesn't but it can take up to an hour or more for her to go to sleep. If she doesn't sleep she is definitely tired.

We have since moved her into a bed which has not improved the problem (not surprisingly). She seems to suddenly go into hyperactive mode when it's 'rest' time. She laughs and giggles and is out of the bed before I've even got to the door. Shutting the door doesn't distress her. I've tried taking everything out of her room also, but she'll still find something to play with (like the blind or the curtains). She's been a few days without much sleep now and is a different (grizzly child).

I've used methods advised me by one of the sleep centres (ie. warning I'm going to shut the door), going in 2,4,6,8,10 etc & telling her she needs to lie down or I'll shut the door etc. I've even tried not going in there at all for an hour, all to no avail.

Any more suggestions? Just giving her a 'rest time' isn't enough as she definitely needs the sleep.

PS. Night time is not too bad as I think she's a bit more relaxed.

Katrina Mum to Ella, Bub on the way

Hi,

I think you might need to resign yourself to the fact that she doesn’t want a day nap any more. My son stopped at this age too. It does take a little while to adjust to not being over tired at first, usually the head’s in the dinner plate they are so tired at first. Don’t make a battle out of it, just insist on some quiet time.

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic