Huggies Forum

Awake Day & Night Lock Rss

I have a 6 month old daughter who has never slept through the night and her daytime sleeps are just as bad. I am breastfeeding and the weight that she is putting on I don't think that that is what the problem is.

She may have one 1 hour sleep through the day and when I put her down at 8.30pm she is then awake every 2 hours and it is very stressful and exhausting. She always falls asleep while feeding.

I have a 5 year old boy and from when he was 6 weeks I have never had a problem with him sleeping day or night, up until early this year he was still having a daytime nap.

I have spoken to clinic nurses, midwives and also went to Karitane and nothing. I took her to our GP and paediatrician and there is nothing wrong.

I have spoken to friends and family but I think that they too are at a loss.

I would be more than grateful if someone anyone could help.

Rita NSW

Hi Rita,

Falling asleep at the breast has become her sleep association and when you are not there when she wakes on her light sleep she doesn’t know how to settle herself. I’m not saying that you should stop breast feeding but you need to get into a feed/play sleep routine so that she is feeding then playing then being settled awake into her cot.

I would strongly suggest that you get a copy of <a href="It's time to sleep</a"http://www.itstimetosleep.com/">It's Time To Sleep</a>, DVD& Book and follow the settling program. This won’t change unless you make the change.

Best of luck, Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic