Huggies Forum

Should he be in a routine? Lock Rss

My baby is nearly nine months old and sleeps pretty much when he wants to! He goes down between 8 and 9 at night and can wake up twice or not at all but generally wakes up at 5am for a bottle than up at 6-7 am. He sleeps usaully around the same times during he day but if he dosent want to sleep he wont! And the sometimes can be 2 sleeps or even 4 depending on the length of the nap! I was just wondering if he should be going down at the same time or if this is ok? He is a very happy baby and is whingy at the worst of times, but should I be more pushy on his routine?

Mummy to 3 Boys

Hi,

Babies generally respond better to a routine, and routine is good for everyone concerned. You ask should you be pushier, if you want to change to create a routine you will need to take charge. That may not be easy to change. What you would need to do is watch carefully for tired signs and act on them immediately using our settling techniques on <a href="http://www.huggies.com/au/pregnancy_parenting/yourbabysleep/">Your Baby’s Sleep</a> page - using the techniques for all sleeps. Acting on the tired signs and giving a clear message that it’s time to sleep will put you in control again.

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

I do know the signs of him being tired and he does go down straight away, is this a routine just going down when his tired, I always thought that bubs had to go to sleep, eat and drink at the same time everyday? Or is this just wishfull thinking? Also most of time he does go down around the same time give or take an hour but it varys from what time he wakes up in the morning. If his not tired I dont make him sleep, is this a bad routine?

Mummy to 3 Boys

Hi Meli,

As I said last week routine is good, but if you are okay with what’s happening and don’t have issues about where you need to be at a certain time then just go with the flow, if it’s working for you then it really shouldn’t matter.

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic