Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Roll over or dream feed Lock Rss

Hi Maree
I have a 5 month old son, we are on the tizzie hall routine which seems to be working ok, he is going to bed at 7pm and waking approx 1.30am for a feed so I tried the dream feed or roll over feed and it does not work for us he was awake for 2 hours instead of feeding and going back to sleep, Do you have any advice to get him to stay asleep or at least drowsy? or should I just reside myself that I will have to get up during the night? I leave the room dark, no talking etc and only change his nappy if I need too.
At what age should they not need the night time feed? Do they stop this feed when they are ready?
Thank you
Donna
Hi Donna,
We recommend the rollover feed for babies who are 6 months or older as this is the time when you could expect them to sleep from 7pm to 7am without a feed. It is used mostly to give you confidence that baby is not hungry when waking later in the night and you can go straight into settling techniques without feeding.
My advise would be, make sure you settle him awake into the cot and let him go until he wakes naturally for the next month give him one feed and use settling techniques for any other wakings. If he is not sleeping through at 6 months give the rollover feed a go again then.
Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic