Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

9th month old into own bed Lock Rss

My 9month old will sleep 11 hours straight if he is in bed with me but when I put him in his cot he wakes after 2 hours and won't go back into the cot eve when I rock him to sleep he wakes as soon as I put him back down. How do I get my 9month old to sleep all night in his cot??
Hi,
Your son simply does not know how to sleep without you and unless you change the way you get him to sleep initially then he won’t change either. When he falls asleep with you this is his sleep association and he can’t sleep independently. If you want to change the routine then you would need to implement a settling program and settle him awake into his cot.
You can get an overview of our settling program from the <a href=" https://www.huggies.com.au/BeingAParent/YourBab... Baby’s Sleep</a> section of the Huggies site or for more detail, and a visual demonstration, from <a href="It&#39;s time to sleep&lt;/a" />It's Time To Sleep</a> DVD&BOOK.

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic