Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

8 mnth old wont sleep thru Lock Rss

my 8 mnth old will not sleep thru he started to sleep thru at 2 mnths for about 3 weeks and then stoped now he wakes every night a minimun off 3 times for a bottle of milk. he only has 2 sleeps during the day one at 9 am for about 1 1/2 hours the other at about 1.30 for about 2 1/2 hours on a good day. i thought it might be he was filling up on solid foods during the day cause he was not drinking his bottles except at bedtime so i stoped feeding him as much solids but he still woke up the same as before i have tried all i can think of and am looking for any advise you can give me my docter could not help she said let him go but i would like to get on top of it before he gets to much older and cant get him out of it please help.

sam,qld,

Hi,
No doubt he will not drink as much milk during the day because he is getting so much at night. You would be best to stop the overnight feeds and follow a recommended daily diet of solids for his age and you will find he takes up the milk during the day again. He will also be going through 8 month separation anxiety as well at the moment and perhaps starting to wake out of habit.

I would suggest using settling techniques to resettle him during the night and definitely don’t feed him off to sleep when settling him initially.

You can get an overview of our settling program from the <a href=" https://www.huggies.com.au/BeingAParent/YourBab... Baby’s Sleep</a> section of the Huggies site or for more detail, and a visual demonstration, from <a href="It&#39;s time to sleep&lt;/a" />It's Time To Sleep</a> DVD&BOOK.

Cheers
Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic