Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

waking once in the night Lock Rss

hi,
my 6.5 month old is doing well and now only waking once in the night at about 2am, after going to bed at 7.30pm. After that he is sleeping through until 7am.
I am pretty happy getting up to give him a feed once (much better than 2 or 3 times!), however i wonder how long he should need to have this feed before i start trying to settle him without the boob.
I don't want to try cutting it out if its too early and just create more troubles for us both.
He is eating solids well and still has plenty of breastmilk. cannot get him to take the bottle at all, he wont go to sleep without feeding from me.
Am interested to hear your opinion.
Regards,
Amanda

Amanda - Lachie 30/9/05, Will 20/10/07

Hi Amanda,
From 6 months on a baby should be able to sleep 7pm to 7am without and overnight feed.
There is no problem with the breast feed it is when you feed a baby to sleep (breast or bottle) that it can become their sleep association and cause problems for you, so try settling him awake into his cot after the feed to disassociate the feed with sleep.
When you do decide to try getting him to sleep through you could try a rollover feed and some settling techniques
You can get an overview of our settling program from the <a href=" https://www.huggies.com.au/BeingAParent/YourBab... Baby’s Sleep</a> section of the Huggies site or for more detail, and a visual demonstration, from <a href="It&#39;s time to sleep&lt;/a" />It's Time To Sleep</a> DVD&BOOK.
Best of luck

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic