Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Why? Lock Rss

My 6.5 month daughter had previously no trouble in sleeping overnight from 7pm-6am for months. The last few weeks she started waking up crying an hour or two after we put her to bed, then waking up around 3am, 4am and 5am. TI understand that the early hours around 4am is one of the coldest times of the day, thankfully this pattern has almost stopped but she is still waking up at 5:30am on the button which makes for a really long day even though she will resettle herself after her nappy gets changed and she has a 120ml bottle. Why do they wake up crying when previously they did not? and why do they have broken sleep for nights on end when previously they didn't? She still sleeps with us in our room in her cot - could it be that she wants her own space? We plan to put her in her own room when we return home in May. Any ideas? Many thanks, SJ.
Hi,
I would just ride it out until you have her own room and in the mean time try not to create any bad habits to get her back to sleep.
Make sure you settle her awake into her cot and if she does not settle when you return home you could try our settling program.
You can get an overview of our settling program from the <a href=" https://www.huggies.com.au/BeingAParent/YourBab... Baby’s Sleep</a> section of the Huggies site or for more detail, and a visual demonstration, from <a href="It&#39;s time to sleep&lt;/a" />It's Time To Sleep</a> DVD&BOOK.
Best of luck

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Hello SJ,
My 5 1/2 month old baby girl does the same thing with waking up and needs to be re settled after an hour or 2. - My husband thinks its because she is scared of the dark, or she is conditioned from her day sleeps and wakes up thinking its play time. She was sleeping through the night from 2 months old (lucky us) and now we get awake after an hour or 2, cry at midnight (give me dumbie) 4 am (im cold) The first wake up is the only one I dont understand why she does it. anyway, I guess she will get the picture one day? good luck .
Lou gasp)
Sign in to follow this topic