Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Is there a thing as too much sleep? Lock Rss

Hi,
This may sound silly, but i have a gorgeous nearly 5 month old boy Tyler who tends to sleep a LOT!
I am very lucky in the way that he does sleep so much, but not sure if its what he should be doing.
He will go down by 8pm at night, sleep through until 8am or 9am, wake for an 1 hr, 1.5hr max, then be tired and grumpy and want to sleep.
So i pop him down, and he'll sleep until about 12 (lunchtime), or later if i'd let him.
Then he will be up for 2 hours max, then go down again for another 2-3hrs.
Is this normal? Should i be getting him to stay up longer??
I'm not ungrateful at all! Infact, i tell no other mothers that he sleeps this much! I nearly feel guilty!
Thanks,
Claire

Claire, Vic, Tyler 16.11.05

Hi Claire,
If he is healthy, eating and gaining weight then just follow his tired signs and enjoy!
Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Hi Claire

I remember those wonderful days of loads of sleep, as my daughter(16months) was exactly the same.

Now unfortunately she never sleeps at night. Her day sleep is fine but come 12am she is a screaming crying mess and I haven't slept in 3 months.

I envy you so much and wish she would revert back to those days...hehe

I hope that your little man continues his ways so you don't feel like I do...EVER

Don't get me wrong I love her to bits but at 1,2,3,4,5,in the morning I want to jump out if a window..lol

He is completely normal and enjoy all this sleep for as long as you can

Sweet Dreams
Haleys_Mum
Olivia

eìí? DD Haley 2 yrs old eìí?

Sign in to follow this topic