Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Patting technique won't work Lock Rss

Sophie sleeps roughly from 7pm until 6am. She then has her morning drink , back to bed at 6.45ish and sleeps until around 8am and for the last three weeks I have been unable to get her to sleep for the rest of the day.
She has been teething but I believe she is over the worst now. She will either scream when put to bed or play there for a while and then grizzle and cry until I go and see her. I get her up and she is very happy (so not in pain) and will happily stay up all day as long as she can see me. She will yawn, rub her eyes and pull her ears but will not go to bed. I have tried the patting method which won't work because she is now crawling she will try and climb out of the cot when I go back in to calm her or she will be up on all fours and I cannot get her on her side to pat her.
The only way I have got her to sleep in the last 10 days is to go out in the pram but I do not want to rely on this, she must learn to sleep in her cot again. Prior to all of this she was having at least two 45 minute sleeps after getting up at 8. I also cannot get her to sleep longer than 45 minutes at a time. She turns 8 months on 11 April. Help please!!! Im going insane!!

Mum to Sophie born 11aug05

Hi,
She is probably going through 8 month separation anxiety and you would need to persist with the settling techniques if you don’t wish to create the habit of the pram.
All babies fight the program, my son was 12months and strong but I am stronger and persistence is the key.
However, the program is not for everyone though.

You can get an overview of our settling program from the <a href=" https://www.huggies.com.au/BeingAParent/YourBab... Baby’s Sleep</a> section of the Huggies site or for more detail, and a visual demonstration, from <a href="It&#39;s time to sleep&lt;/a" />It's Time To Sleep</a> DVD&BOOK.

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic