Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Only wants Mum at night Lock Rss

I have a 20 month old girl who has always slept fairly well, usually waking once or twice a week and otherwise sleeping through. In the past few weeks, she has been restless at night, calling out in her sleep. If my husband goes to her, she resettles straight away. If I go to her, she fully wakes up, stands up in her cot, and gets really upset if I don't pick her up and give her a cuddle. As she is a reflux baby, she can get herself so upset that she starts refluxing, and that makes the whole situation much, much worse. Sometimes it only takes 2 minutes to put her back down, but other nights it can take 15 minutes. I think she has fallen asleep in my arms, but as soon as I move to try to put her back to bed, she wakes up and starts screaming again. I explain to her that she has to go back to bed and she just gets more upset. Eventually, she goes back, but by this stage I am fully awake! I don't understand why she is happy to go straight back to sleep for my husband, but not for me. I don't feel it is fair for him to have to get up every time.
Hi,
Unfortunately our children know which buttons to push and push they do.
You may need to persist with your husband doing the job for a week or two until your daughter gets the idea that you just won’t be coming.
Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic