Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Unsettled in day Lock Rss

Hi, I have a 3 year old daughter and an 8 week old son. My son is following the feed, alert time and then down to bed routine 4 hourly. However, lately he has only been sleeping for approx an hour before waking again during the day. Initially I tried resettling him and putting him down again, he has stamina and does not end up putting himself back to sleep. I tried all the sleep programmes advice and followed them to the T. Next I tried getting him up but he is obviously still tired as he is not content to do anything and acts like he needs to be fed again even though he was only fed less than two hours ago. (He is formula fed and I checked with my plunket nurse and she doesn't think he's going through a growth spurt). I've tried putting him under his gym, in his bouncer, tummy time, he will not even sit or be carried around with me. I end up putting his dummy in and rocking him back to sleep, lying on me, and he will happily sleep on me for the next 2 - 3 hours. Obviously this is not ideal, especially when you have another little one that needs you. He is excellent at night and goes down at 7pm and wakes for one feed around 3am. As you can see, I've tried what I thought I should do, and as my daughter didn't do this, I'm now at a loss for ideas. Advice please.

Vanessa, Akld

Hi,

You really seem to have done your homework and I can only suggest that after watching for the tired signs that you wrap him and try our program of patting when he cries and stop patting when he stops crying, you can do this for 15 min intervals.
Sometimes we try so many things that mum and baby is so confused about what to do next.
Try following the program, it can take up to 3 weeks to work but persistence is the key
To get full details of our settling program go to <a href="http://www.huggies.com/au/pregnancy_parenting/yourbabysleep/">Your Baby’s Sleep</a> page or follow the It’s Time To Sleep DVD&BOOK. Huggies have a great offer on at the moment – see <a href="http://www.huggies.com/au/about_huggies/special_offers/bookoffer/">Member Exclusive Book Offers</a>

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic