Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

WAS an all night sleeper! Lock Rss

Hi Maree,

I wrote to you about 2 months ago about my daughter sleeping on the lounge but no sleeping in the cot during the day. Well i have broken the habit of going to sleep on the lounge, now for all sleeps she gets wrapped, placed on her side in the cot and then i hold my hands on her until she settles and then leave the room. Most times she will fall asleep, sometimes it takes us about 20 minutes. If you remember i was taking her from the lounge and putting her in the cot to sleep through all night, now she goes to sleep in the cot, but she is waking 2 to 3 times a night, rolled over, no dummy, unwrapped, uncovered. So i go in, roll her on her side, replace the dummy, and just hold my hands on until she is settled again, as soon as i take my hands away she rolls back over like to check if i am still there. So i roll her back, and we can play this little game for about 10 minutes. Do you have any suggestions on how to get her to re-settle by herself? Should i be going in there? How do i stop the rolling over to check iam there?
Thanks for your help.

April, NSW, 1 little girl & 1 little boy

Hi,
Your daughter is not resettling herself because although you are facing her away from you and holding your hand on her in the cot she is falling asleep with your hands on and not falling asleep independently.

You need to pat if she cries and stop patting and then hands off so she learns to settle herself, otherwise she looks for your 'hands on' when she wakes on her light sleep. The techniques we use also give a clear and repetitve message.

I'm not sure how old your daughter is now but if she is older than 6 mnoths you would be best to follow the techniques where we stay in and out of the room for 2,4,6,8,10 mins.

Give this a try and see how you go
Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic