Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

14/15 mth old started waking in the night? Lock Rss

hi
my 15 month old ( in one week) has started waking. It began about 4/5 weeks ago. He goes to bed at 7 and has never been a good sleeper. Only got him to sleep thru at 9 months with control crying. even then it was 7pm -5/6 bottle of water and back to sleep 7/8. that was fine and it has been that way since 9 months until about 4/5 weeks ago he started waking at 4am. I offer water and he refuses and Throws it oir smacks my hand. I end up giving him milk. if i ignore him he screams till i give in and i have a 2 month old who will wake up i let him cry ( my 2month old has just strated sleeping thru! total opposites)
Lately the 4 am has moved to 3 am and last night 1 am! I went in and he was upside down on his back ( normally stamnding) and crying. I offered the bottle and it was like he didnt know i was there. i assumed it was a night terror as he has had 2 of these before but usually before midnight and i turned him around and tucked him in, as i did this he grabbed the bottle and off to sleep.
IS there a reason he is waking now? perhaps not enough food in the day? though he east breakky ( weetbix, toast) light lunch ( fruit/ sandwhich), nap ligh lunch ( biscuit. bfruit) and dinner ( whateve wehave.) he has 3 bottles 7am, 2ish and bedtime 200 mls. IS it another reason? perhaps seperation anxiety? though the bottle works? is it a mile stone that they normally wake up?he has been walking since 9 months and hasnt really learnt anything new... so its not that...
i just get Dylan to sleep thru and ashton wakes before him now.. i am goin insane! Any advice?

Ashton 13/8/04, dylan 27/8/05, #3 due 22/9/07

Hi,
I sometimes wonder if this is the reason I have a 10 year gap between my 2 sons!

It’s a tough job and there’s not always a logical answer to it, but I would strongly recommend that you drop the bottle feeding at night altogether and use the controlled comforting settling techniques instead.

It’s not easy and protest his will, but the techniques offer a clear and repetitive message that it’s time to sleep.
You can get details from <a href="http://www.huggies.com/au/pregnancy_parenting/yourbabysleep/">Your Baby’s Sleep</a> page or form It’s Time To Sleep DVD&BOOK.

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic