Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

incontience Lock Rss

I am really terribly embarrassed to ask about this but I didn't know where else to look. I have looked on a few websites but they have only given me answers for older people.

I am 15 weeks pregnant, it is the first pregnancy that has gotten to the second trimester. I have found lately that I have been leaking easier than normal. It is really embarrassing for me and I try not to cough, sneeze or even blow my nose.

I am 20 years old, I am overweight, it has never been an issue until now and I would really like it to just GO AWAY! I have been so exhausted for the last 2 months, I have barely made my bed and done the washing so my kegel exercises were the last thing on my mind.

Is it just that? That I haven't been doing my exercises or should I see my doctor about it?
Hi,
Thank you for your enquiry. Incontinence of urine is more common in pregnancy but it tends to occur later in pregnancy. You do sound as if you have a problem requiring further assessment by your doctor. Pelvic floor exercises should be done by everyone through out their lives as part of a daily routine.
Best wishes,
Alex.

<a href="http://www.nswmidwives.com.au/">NSW Midwives Association</a>
Note: This information is not designed to replace that of your health professional.
Sign in to follow this topic