Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

fenugreek Lock Rss

i have been suffering from low milk supply,had prev been taking motilium(body now imune 2 it)as well as a supply line 1-2 times a dayand have started taking fenugreek(3rd day).abbey is now fussy and is only feeding 4 10mins then starts pulling away from breast and shaking her head sometimes whilst still attached.i can smell it coming from my sweat glands could it be changing the flavour of my milk??i really dont want to give up breastfeeding and am upset at the thought i may have to.help!!!!!
1st time mum

april,orange,7week baby

Hi april & abbey,

I'm in the same situation so I know what you're talking about. I found my son fussed more and had more wind when I was taking the fenugreek. I've also read that it does change the taste of your milk. I noticed an increase in milk supply when I was on motilium, but I've since finished the course and my supply has decreased. I'm breast feeding but having to complement with formula. It seems to be working, but it's more inconvenient than breastfeeding alone. Sorry I can't help you more. Keep trying!!!
Hi,
Thank you for your enquiry. Most foods are passed through to the breast milk and can be tasted by the baby. It may be the fenugreek changing the milk but it could be the baby refusing your breast for other reasons. You need to get advice from your carers before you can be more certain.
Best wishes,
Alex.

<a href="http://www.nswmidwives.com.au/">NSW Midwives Association</a>
Note: This information is not designed to replace that of your health professional.
Sign in to follow this topic