Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Am I over stimulating Lock Rss

My eldest daughter is 2 and 3 months I have read to her from day one and she loves books and never misses an opportunity to have a book read to her she would sit and listen to stories all day if I could do it
She can say her alphabet and doesn't forget any of the letters she has been doing this for about 2 months now she can also count to about 15 and she is starting to recognise what numbers are which (the other day she pointed to a 2 and said "look Mummy it's the number 2) She is starting to write her name
when people hear her saying her ABC's they say how clever that is and some people have commented that I am over stimulating her and it will get to the point that I won't be able to provide her with enough to learn about
Is there such a thing as over stimulating a kid to the point that they lack people skills which at the moment she interacts well with other kids and plays well should I keep encouraging her to learn things like this

Mum to Sammy, Sophie & Brock

Your daughter is obviously displaying advanced literacy skills. Her interest in books and your encouragement are positive and will assist in her developing these skills further.

Children are hardwired to learn and I find it hard to believe that you won't be able to provide her with things to continue this learning especially if she is keen and enthusiastic about it all, beyond this I cannot really comment on the pros and cons of 'over stimulation'. I recommend consulting specific texts on the subject or a child psychologist for expert advice.

Ultimately you are the best judge of how your child is developing and you are also in the best position to ensure that a balance exists between developing literacy skills and social skills. Often advanced literacy skills can assist a child in their ability to interact with others and in expressing their personalities.

Brett

Sign in to follow this topic