Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Breast and Bottle Feeding
  5. COWS MILK - HOW MUCH, HOW OFTEN?

COWS MILK - HOW MUCH, HOW OFTEN? Lock Rss

HI THERE.
MY DD IS NOW 1YEAR OF AGE! AND I HAVE STARTED HER ON COWS MILK.
I AM NOT SURE WHAT THE BEST WAY FOR HER TO HAVE THIS .... AT THE MOMENT I AM STILL GIVING HER 4 BOTTLES A DAY. I WILL NOW START GIVING THE COW'S MILK IN A SIPPY CUP FOR THE MORNING TEA & AFTERNOON TEA MILK FEEDS. I AM PUTTING IN 100MLS OF FULL CREAM MILK WITH 80MLS OF BOILING WATER. THIS MAKES IT A WARM MILK DRINK AND ENSURES SHE GETS HER WATER INTAKE AS WELL (AS SHE'S NOT FUSSED ON WATER ALONE - ONLY TAKES THE OCCASSIONAL SIP WHEN OFFERED).

IS THIS ENOUGH MILK FOR HER? = 400MLS MILK A DAY AND 320MLS OF WATER.
OR SHOULD I BE SLOWLY MAKING HER MILK FEEDS TO BE 180MLS OF MILK, INSTEAD OF PUTTING WATER IN WITH IT?

SO HOW MANY MILK FEEDS AND HOW MUCH MILK AT EACH FEED???
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP - I JUST CAN'T FIND MUCH INFO ON THIS.

almost 1!

I would say maybe start cutting down her milk drinks, Maybe give her milk in a sippy cup in the morning with breaky and at dinner time, but during the day give her water or juice.

Is you dd eating yogurht and cheese? If so she is getting enough calcium with them alone! Does your DD still have a bottle to go to bed?

Also you dont need to water down the milk (says mchn)

I give my daughter half a sippy cup full of milk at breaky cause she has milk on her cerial and at dinner i give her a full sippy cup of milk because she doesnt have a bottle!

My dd is 16 months old but she dropped all her bottles at 11 months, She thought she was big enough to stop lol

Hope to have helped! Best of luck

Nikki

when i started introducing cows milk to my son's diet i reduced the amount of milk and used it as a "calm him down" method. So he would have it befor his nap in the after noon and before bed at night. I stopped the one before bed at night because he was wetting the bed. But you can start to give only one or two bottles of milk now. and probably start putting it in a sippy cup as a snack type drink.
goodluck!
leia
x

mumsgroup.tk -Kayden 31.1.05 & Tianah 25.8.06

Sign in to follow this topic