Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Breast and Bottle Feeding
  5. How many feeds does your bub have?

How many feeds does your bub have? Rss

Hi Mums,
Just wanted to know how many bottles and feeds does your baby have? My son is almost 7 months old and he only has 3 bottles a day, of formula, 150mls. He has only just started having solids and I feed him either weetbix or muesli for breakfast and custard or what we have, for tea. He weighed just over 8.5kgs at his six month check up, so he's not little, but it doesn't seem like much.
Thanks.
Mandy.

2 cuties 7/5/99 & 8/9/04

hi mandy,
my daughter is almost 10 months old and has 3 200ml (but doesnt always drink all) bottles a day. sometimes she has 4 and sometimes just 2 if she has water as well.
they do seem to go through stages where they decide they want less or more though, and theres not much you can do to convince them otherwise!
3 shouldn't be too little, i wouldn't worry unless he seemed dehydrated.
what times is he drinking them?

mel

mel, ella jasmine 13/06/04 & benjamin tyler 6/8/06

hi there my girl is almost ten months and has five 150mls bottles a day of formula but she wont cut back and drinks what she drinks.

katrina and krystal 3 in june

Hi mel,
He usually has breaky at 9.30, then lunch about 2, and dinner at 6pm, then he goes down for the night between 7 & 8pm. I'm not too worried, just curious as to what other bubs do. thanks.
Mandy.

2 cuties 7/5/99 & 8/9/04

hi, my sons almost 10months and he has 4-5 200ml bottles aday pluss 3 solid meals and snacks between. he normally wakes about 7 and has a bottle then at about 8:30 he has youghurt for breaky and then bottle at about 10. then he has lunch at about 12-1 and a bottle at 2:30 then has a snack about 4 and has maybe another bottle about 5-6 and then tea at 6 and in bed with a bottle at about 7:30-8
seems like heaps but thats what he wants but he doesnt always drink all his bottles and eat all his meals just depends on the day.
go by your bubs appitite cause all bubs are differant and want differant things.

tamara

hi...
Isabella has 4x200ml bottles a day but only drinks half a bottle at each feed. She has 3 solid feeds.
Isabella has never been a big drinker (sounds funny, i know) and seems to be a little fussy with her foods but she is gaining weight really well so I dont worry well not anymore!! But like everyone says all bubs are different. I wouldnt worry...sounds like bub is doing great..

Good luck!!

nsw...5 1/2 month old boy....4yr old girl

Wow Kats. Is that less than the cans say?
Bayden is 6 weeks and he drink 5 100mls a day and 2 150 mls. Hes only 4.5 kg and 67cms long. I wonder where it all goes. I dont know many mums with babies and thiers drink what the cans say. I guess every baby is different.
I saw a 6 mnth ol today who was the same length as bayden, and not much heavier. But then my g/f 4 month old is really really chubby since being on formula at 2 months.
Ive been looking about trying to get an idea on what bayden will look like in 3 months or so but casue ive seen so many...hmmm

mum to bayden 25/02/05

Rhys (7 1/2mths) has 160mls 5-6 times/day (depending on whether he gets up 4hrly or lasts longer) and 3 meals.

He's been eating a LOT recently but he's also teething so perhaps that's why.
Hi yummymummy,
MY SON IS JUST OVER 6 MONTHS AND HE'S STILL ON 240mls AND 4 BOTTLES A DAY. HE ALSO GETS BANNANA CUSTARD AND WATER FOR LUNCH. JUST RECENTLY HE HASEN'T BEEN DRINKING IT ALL, ABOUT 180mls HE'S DRINKING. BUT MY SON IS VERY LONG AND IS 10kgs ALREADY. BUT I WOULDN'T WORRY TO MUCH UNLESS HE ALMOST STOPS EATING OR DRINKING. MAYBE KEEP AN EYE ON HIM FOR FEVERS AND ALL THE NORMAL THINGS WE DO. BUT IF YOU THINK ITS GETTING BAD MAYBE YOU SHOULD GO A SEE YOUR DOCTOR. TAKE CARE

SAMMIE, QLD, 6mth baby boy

Hi everyone,
Thanks for replying, I have only really asked this because he has always been a huge eater, I was breastfeeding him, but expressing and at 4 weeks old he was drinking between 250mls - 300mls 3 hourly. Dr's told me it was too much, but thats what he wanted. Now he is getting worse yesterday he only had 2 bottles of 150mls, and didnt eat all his cereal and didnt have tea. He has been sleeping lots, he slept from 7.30pm to 9.30am, then had a nap from 11.30am- 3pm, had his bottle and went down for the night at 6.30pm. He seems fine, no crying, he rolling and playing like normal, so i dont get it.
thanks everyone.
Mandy.

2 cuties 7/5/99 & 8/9/04

hi mandy,
they're funny little creatures aren't they? i think you're right in just giving him what he wants regardless of what drs tell you, as long as he is active and not overweight he is fine.
my daughter went through several stages where she would eat like a horse and then inexplicably go off her food for a few days and sleep all the time. i dont know if this is to do with a growth period or something. what i am trying to say is, as far as i know this is completely normal! i just kept offering her food and drinks and eventually she went back to her usual appetite and sleep habits. hopefully it will be the same for your bub.

mel

mel, ella jasmine 13/06/04 & benjamin tyler 6/8/06

Yes, my almost 8mth old went through a few stages where he ate heaps then slowed down and had longer, more frequent sleeps. I also thought it was growth spurts.

We go for his 8mth checkup next Thursday so it'll be interesting to see how much he's grown in the last 2mths.
Sign in to follow this topic